Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCCX 3.5/4.0 "place call step" and connecting two contacts.

I have a basic script here that I am having some troubles with. Ipcc4.0 and 3.5.

Here is what i need it to do:

1. The Callmanager IP phone user dials into a IPCC script (oubound call that gets forwarded to ipcc via a translation pattern and route point) (this becomes the triggering contact). I am collecting the called number and calling number from the get call info step.

2. The script grabs the "called number" that the user dialed to trigger the script, and using the "place call" step, calls an external number (which creates new contact).

3. The destination answers and then a recorded prompt plays to the new contact.

4. Finally the cm ip phone user is connected to the destination (new contact).

I have accomplished everything EXCEPT #4 where the cm user (triggering contact) gets connected to the new contact.

i can bring them both online at the same time within the script, the recording is played to the caller, but I can not connect the cm user with the outside caller, (triggering contact -> new contact) As a alternative, I have done a setup where it disconnects the ip phone user (triggering contact) and does a call redirect to the new contact back to the user. But, I'd rather not do this if at all possible and want the script to invoked just as a simple outbound call, as to remain invisible as possible to the ip phone user.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IPCCX 3.5/4.0 "place call step" and connecting two contacts.

I've done somthing similar in the past and ran into the same issue you are describing. I don't hink it's possible, so what I did was terminated the first call (off course telling the persona that answered to expect another call), and then redirected the original contact to the desired number.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content