Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCCX 4.0(4) JTAPI Provider Authentication Issues

I am doing a new install of CRS IP-IVR 4.0(4) and while attempting to configure the JTAPI Provider I continuously get and error stating "Cisco CallManager Authentication Failed"; I have tested the Windows Administrator account on all of the CallManager in the cluster and I can find no error on either server. The IVR is a brand new install and licensed, CallManager has been in place for quite some time. If anyone has any ideas as to what can be causing this and how to fix it I would appreciate it.

19 REPLIES

Re: IPCCX 4.0(4) JTAPI Provider Authentication Issues

Hello,

- is CTI Manager running on the CallManager you are trying to register to?

- also please check the DC Directory server service if it is running (does not apply if CCM's are integrated into Active Directory)

- if you take a look at the CallManager Event Viewer Security logs, is there a record about the failed login?

I have checked the CTI Manager services and it is running. The DC Directory service is running (it is not an AD integration). I have seen no failed login attempts. Both the CallManagers and the CRS IVR servers are in the same Windows Workgroup. I also double checked and made sure that the JTAPI versions were syncrhonized.

And it is failing when using IP addresses OR hostnames OR FQDN too, right?

Correct; I have tried all three.

Gold

Hi,

Try to use the user and password of a user Administrator in IP/IVR.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Not sure I understand what you are saying. If you are referring to the Windows administrator accounts, then they are the same username and password on both the CallManager and CRS IP-IVR server.

Gold

Hi,

Try to use the same User/Password that you use to access the AppAdmin IPCC Express web pages.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Silver

Do you get prompted for a username/password when you attempt to configure the JTAPI Provider? Are you running MLA on CallManager, if so, this username needs to be an MLA user with full access (e.g. ccmadministrator) rather than the Windows administrator account.

I am using MLA; and that I have not yet tried the CCMAdministrator account as pop-up for credentials specifically asks for the Windows Administrator account; but I defer since I am new to IP-IVR and the CRS platform at a whole. Thank you very much for suggesting this I will attempt this and see if it works.

Cisco Employee

Run a synchronization check to find if there is any mismatch between the CRS Admin and the Cisco CallManager with respect to any missing CTI route points. This can happen when you have deleted some Route Points from CallManager, but not from CRS AppAdmin.

If any mismatch, then run a full Synchronization in the JTAPI menu on the CRS Appadmin to resolve the issue.

Unless I am mistaken you cannot run synchronization without the JTAPI proivder in place. Using the MLA ID/pass did not work either.

Silver

Did the MLA user have full access? This is documented in Bug ID CSCsg80300: "Misleading Error Message when creating JTAPI Provider".

Are there any clues in the CRS MIVR or MADM log files?

The user did have full permissions and I did check the bug but it did not seem to apply in my situation. After attempting the initial JTAPI provider setup I did check CCM to see if the users were created but I did not find anything per the bug.

Hello,

- could you please copypaste the error message here, exactly as it appears?

- did you install the Active Directory plugin on the CallManager?

The exact error message pops up as follows:

"Cisco CallManager Authentication Failed"

The error occurs about 2 seconds after you click the submit button for the CallManager Windows authenticaiton dialoug and then just returns to the JTAPI provider configuration page.

The configuration is using the default DC directory that comes with CallManager.

The only thing that comes to my mind is perhaps when installing CRS you entered the incorrect private password phrase (~ this is used for generating passwords for the CCM service accounts) - as far as I remember there are certain situations when IVR needs to have control over some (?) CCM services, but do not ask me when and why, I don't remember the details.

Anyway, if I were you I would consider reinstalling CRS - it only takes an hour and a half, so it is definitely worth trying it (if you already have tried this, then apologies...)

Thank you for the suggestion; after wrestling with this for the last week that issue had come to mind also but after I did the 3rd reinstall of CRS I think this may be the case.

Hi,

Might sound like a daft question but have you checked CSA? We've just fixed a fault from a customer that had the same message as you when trying to create a new JTAPI group.

After investigation of various things we noticed that the CSA was blocking the outbound authentication request. Once the CSA service was disabled authentication was successful.

The CSA version on the customer CRS server is 5.0.0.194 (I've not had a chance to check this ver for any issues yet).

Anyway, HTH.

Chris.

Hi,

did you get this resolved?

we have the same issue,

Rgds,

Stuart

Views
Helpful
Replies