Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCCX - 4.0 - Recording step for callback

I have a main script that provides an option for a caller to leave a message for a callback. When selected the call is diverted to a sublflow. The subflow script looks at the CSQ from the parent script and if queued uses the Recording step to leave a message. The script then calls itself back and waits for an agent in the CSQ to become available.

I have a couple issues that I'm trying to work out. The basic functionality is working, a message goes into the correct CSQ, agents pick up the call and are prompted to press any key to review the message, and you can stack up multiple messages that get called in correctly. The problem is how to create an option for the agents to replay the message, sometimes many times.

The second issue is how long the message is queued, waiting for an agent. This script will mainly be used as the "night box" with the idea being that once agents become “ready” in the morning, the messages are automatically called into the queue - that's what the customer wants (they are a 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM shop). Right now, they seem to disappear after an hour.

Thank you -

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: IPCCX - 4.0 - Recording step for callback

1st Issue:

View the attached script for an idea.

2nd Issue:

This is because in the AppAdmin pages > Engine > Confiuration there is a maximum steps number and once that number of steps is hit the script will fail. This to protect from an eternally looping script. You "can" increase this but in your case why not just put the calls in a Voicemail box and have them check them in the morning. Obviously not exactly what you wanted but the workaround script to put a voicemail in queue is meant really for calls during the day.

please rate helpful posts.

andy dignan -

2 REPLIES
Blue

1st Issue:

View the attached script for an idea.

2nd Issue:

This is because in the AppAdmin pages > Engine > Confiuration there is a maximum steps number and once that number of steps is hit the script will fail. This to protect from an eternally looping script. You "can" increase this but in your case why not just put the calls in a Voicemail box and have them check them in the morning. Obviously not exactly what you wanted but the workaround script to put a voicemail in queue is meant really for calls during the day.

please rate helpful posts.

andy dignan -

Ended up using Unity for the nightbox message.

The recording step saves as type doc and I could only get it to play back once....I ended up using an empty prompt variable and a set step to insert the recording doc into the playback prompt. Get Digits now loops as long as you keep pressing a button. Many thanks.

cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies