cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ipccx 4.0 SR1 patch upgrade

bhatok
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to patch our ipccx to 4.0(1)SR1. I walk through all the steps in the CRS 4.0(1) Installation Guide until I get to logging into the ipccx server and running the CRS Update Tool. When I do this, I select the .tar archive and it says "The Update Utility is unable to extract the contents of the patch."

What am I doing wrong here, I'd like to get this server upgraded but so far it is not working.

8 Replies 8

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. These are the same instructions in the 4.0(1) install guide that I followed. Not sure why but the patch will not install when I run the CRS Update tool and choose the .tar file.

floresj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i´ve got de same problem tha you had(have) with the CAD in Ready state. Did you find the solution?. I really appreciate your answer.

My ipcc is 4.0(2).

e-mail: jcflores@entel.cl

I have not tried recently with the hard phones but with the IP Communicator it is working fine. Check to make sure your rmjtapi user is associated with all your agents devices in Callmanager.

kbeverley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I had the same problem and found if the file was located to deep in the local machines file directory the update tool would fail. I placed the .tar file i n the root directory and the tool then worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kevin

I will try it again placing it in the root directory and let you know if it works.

Thanks,

Brandon Hatok

srikrama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try the workaround given in the following DDTS which will resolve your issue.

CSCsa98554

Note:Make sure that the patch is not stored on desktop.

Regards

Srikanth

I had a different error saying that the installer could not be launched.

Turned out that the windows permissions were too restrictive on the tar file I downloaded (default permissions). Changed it to the everyone group - full control and it worked straight away.

D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: