cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 4.0 Upgrade Scenario

Ken Snyder
Level 1
Level 1

I have several clients with a single 3.5 solution. All are excited to take advantage of the new HA functionality. They would like to upgrade from 3.5(3) SR1 to 4.0(1) SR1. Then implement a HA solution by adding a second IPCCX 4.0 subscriber server. What is the process to upgrade the original IPCCX server from MSDE2k to SQL2k in order to support the HA solution? Where can I find supporting documentation?

This specific scenario is NOT in the Install Guide. On Page 7-27 it states:

---------------

Step 30 In the Ready to Recover the Program window, click Recover.

When the recovery process completes:

• If you are installing on a server on which the Cisco CRS databases are

installed and a pop-up window prompts you to synchronize the server with the

cluster by installing SQL 2000, continue to Step 31.

• If the Installation Wizard Completed window appears, go to Step 32.

Step 31 If a pop-up window prompts you to synchronize the server with the cluster by

installing MS SQL Server 2000, follow these steps:

a. Click OK.

b. In the Installation Wizard Completed window, click Finish.

c. Follow the steps the MS SQL Server 2000 for Cisco Customer Response

Solutions Resources Card.

----------------

I have verified in the lab that this Step 30 first bullet "SQL install pop up" does not take place during an upgrade of a standalone CRS 3.5(3) server running on MSDE. The only thing that pops up is the following Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine configuration status box. I’m looking for specific documentation that shows how to force SQL2K install during the upgrade or how to migrate from MDSE to SQL2k after the upgrade. This is not covered in any documentation.

Regards,

-Ken

1 Reply 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: