I have an IPCC Express 4.0 setup in a lab environment. IPCC was originally configured to authenticate to another CCM cluster other than the cluster in my lab with a different ip address scheme. I have changed the ip address on the IPCC server but since I've made the change, I cannot get into App Admin to change the CTI provider, etc because LDAP authentication is failing. Does anyone know how I can change/reset this info in IPCCX without having to rebuild it? Possibly re-run the original configuration setup???
Start->Run-> type cet
that is the tool that does it, there is a flag in there that allows you to set the server back to initial setup. I dont have a uccx server near me, but its in there somewhere.
1. Start > Run > "cet" as Chad said.
2. Select the com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig object from the list on the left.
3. Highlight the only row that appears on the right, right click, and select Modify.
4. Select the second tab in the window that opens (com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig)..
5. Change the Setup State value to "FRESH_INSTALL"
6. Click Apply, Ok, and close out of cet.
7. Open the appadmin interface and log in with the default credentials.
Thanks for the reply. I get an error that the file cannot be found when I type "cet" I can search fro files named "cet" but get prompted for what application to use when I try to run them.
CET tool is available only in version 5.0 and above
Check this link to reset the appadmin back to defaults for 4.0 version