cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX and Windows 7

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

What version of IPCCX supports Windows 7?

Thanks,

Doug

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I belive you are referring to the IPCCX CAD on client PC, the answer is none at this point, however I do have customers running CAD in XP compatibility mode that work just fine.

HTH,

Chris

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

8.0 will be when it comes out i believe. Nothing out currently is but all the agent software out there will work if you don't mind about no support. You just have to troubleshoot compatibility on the MSIs to bypass the OS check. It even works in x64/

I have found an option on installing CAD and Supervisor desktop on Windows 7 by doing the following:

- Copy the installation to local machine

- Right click on installation file click on Properties

- Select the compatibility tab

- check mark Run this program in compatability mode for "Previous version of Windows"

This will let you install the CAD, but I have not able to start the CAD yet. It keeps doing Services Update over and over again.

Dat Pham

I have tried on 3 different systems. 2 of them are working ok. One is just doing update all the time everytime it starts.

DP

Or instead of using the compatibility troubleshooter built into Windows 7, if you download the program called 'Orca' you can open the MSI file and edit the properties of it.

Once you have Orca, browse to the Agent Desktop installer .MSI file and open it.  Then under the Tables menu on the left, click on the 'Launch Condition' table.  Then delete the line in the right-hand pane that talks about the operating system not being compatible.  Once this line is deleted, go to File, and Save the MSI.

This also works for Desktop Supervisor

Oh boy, I'm going to go try this right now.  Thanks for the tip.

I am able to install Cisco agent Desktop Version 7.0(1) with above said work around, however when i open CAD i am getting an error message that " A Licencing error has occured. Please try again in five minutes. If the problem persistes, please see your log file"

"Licence Server is down"

My IPCCX server is up and running with 5 seat licence. Please advice.

-Nisar

Excellent answer.  Worked perfectly for me on two machines so far.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: