Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

IPCCX Desktop share user

I have an issue where the user used for sharing the desktop app disapeard from IPCC Express server. All the established connections appear to work correctly. However after rebooting the workstation agents cannot login (share drive). Customer claims this happened before and was resolved by restaring one server, but does not remember which one. Any ideas?

Chris

5 REPLIES

Re: IPCCX Desktop share user

I don't think it has anything to do with restarting the server. Somebody either reset the share on the server or removed the share from the workstations. Can you just create a new share for the desktop_cfg folder and put the following net use command into the login script for the agents. If the client does not allow login scripts, then you will need to do this on every agent

net use * \\ipccxserver\desktop_cfg /user:mapdrive password

They probably just whacked the login script for the agents.

Thanks Sanjeev,

The issue here is that there are no users listed under the users folder on the server. They are listed in the groups, but the users list is blank. After rebotting the server it is still empty, I added a new user and modified the BAT files to use this user, but it also is not seen in the list. The customer had the same issue a while back, but does not remember how it got resolved.

Chris

Thanks Sanjeev,

The issue here is that there are no users listed under the users folder on the server. They are listed in the groups, but the users list is blank. After rebotting the server it is still empty, I added a new user and modified the BAT files to use this user, but it also is not seen in the list. The customer had the same issue a while back, but does not remember how it got resolved.

Chris

Blue

So on the CRS server, you are going to Manage Local Computer > Local Users and Groups > right click > add new user > add some user and this user is "disapearing"?

andy dignan - berbee

Correct. However when I can go to groups, I can type in the user and add him to the user group used to share the desktop folder. This is a workaround, however it appears to hunt them every few months.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content