Views
Helpful
Replies

ipccx installation related queries

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

I am currently studying installation and administration guide of ipccx.

1)During installation it asks for AXL user id and password. what will be the AXL user id.. do i have to configure it on application user (in usermanagement window) or its just the userid and password of ccm.

2)to display the second call manager node on ccx i read follwing in adminstration guide.

"When connected to a Unified CM cluster, the Unified CM Configuration page in

the Unified CCX Administration GUI only displays the IP address of one node.

However, in a two-node cluster, it should show the IP addresses of both the

publisher and subscriber nodes. To display both IP addresses, you must configure the Domain Name Server (DNS) suffix information (for the required nodes in the cluster) in the server in which Unified CCX is installed."how can i get the dns suffix information..is it the hostnames of ccm1 and ccm2 or what ??

Regards

Naresh

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) You need to create an Application User on UCM with super user rights and provide those credentials here.

2) I haven't seen this before. You will see each node that is running the CTI Manager service during initial configuration and can add up to two I believe (as long as they are on the same campus LAN as CCX). Whatever node has the most phones/gateways relavent to your contact center is likely the best first choice.

The same goes for the AXL providers but always list the publisher IP address first.

hi,

1) Can i use cisco administrator id and password instead of new AXL application user.

2) for my second question kindly see the page 4-4 of the following url of the administration guide (IPCCX).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/configuration/guide/uccx70ag.pdf

Regards

Naresh

1) I wouldn't recommend it. Separate Application User accounts don't cost you anything and provide good isolation in case someone gets the idea to change the default administrator account password.

2) I don't understand what this is talking about at the page you referenced. I am looking at a CCX 7.0(1)SR4 installation right now and there are two AXL, Telephony Subsystem, and RmCm Subsystem IP addresses in all three. These are the addresses for the appropriate UCM servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: