cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX - Saving doc to share drive

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

Utilizing IPCCX 4.X, is there a way within the crs script to sav a doc file to a share drive that requires user credentials to connect to? I tried mapping a drive in windows explorer and using that drive in crs scripting but it doesn't work. Any suggestions aside from writing locally and using a batch file to transfer it to the network share?

3 Replies 3

Patrik Englund
Level 1
Level 1

Have you managed to save the doc file locally? If you have succeded with that you probably had some String variable like

Type = String

Name = Filename

Value ="\wfavvid\"

To save a document in a different location or at another location together with the local one just create another String variable that on the Value line contains "\\x.x.x.x\share\" . x.x.x.x is the ip adress ans share can be c$ for ie. and use that step in Write document step also and then it will be saved in another location as you wants.

Thanks Patrik. I actually tried this but it wasnt saving it. The script errors out when I try and run it with the \\IP_Add\share_path that requires credentials. It works if you put it to a share that doesn't require credentials but as soon as I try putting it to a server that requires me to authenticate first, it fails. Is there possibly a way to include credentials on a path? I am not sure if this is do-able or if I'm just not doing it right.

Cannot just that path or share on the remote server be accessible for everyone? No one has to know the path except the script. I have never tried to use credentials in a path except in ftp or http adresses.

Sorry but i cannot solve that one, try google

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: