cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

IPCX V.4.0(3) "SS1002 Failed to setup monitor."

Hi forum,

I have a problem with the "Cisco Desktop Enterprise Service".

The service is starting correct and up to now everything work fine. But the service writes every 10 seconds the following messages in the windows event log:

"SS1002 Failed to setup monitor."

"SS1004 Failed to setup monitor. Retry"

"SS3101 SetupMonitor failed. Connection failed, end."

These three messages are posted every 10 seconds in the event log. The first 2 are Error. The last one is an informational message.

I already read the case "CRA Engine Not Starting with Second NIC Installed [Cisco Unified Contact Center Express]".

This is not the problem because the CRA Engine and everything works fine.

The IPCX is in Co-Res installation with a CCM Version 4.1(3) with the last SR.

Anybody got an idea?

Kind regards

Torsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: IPCX V.4.0(3) "SS1002 Failed to setup monitor."

I've since correctly configured the RmCm subsystem, and these errors have stopped and the application log errors regarding the Cisco Desktop Enterprise Service aren't appearing either. It may be checking the log files to see whether the RmCm engine has been provisioned correctly.

3 REPLIES
Silver

I'm seeing the same on a co-resident server in a lab environment with CCM 4.1(2).

However, I'm also seeing the JTAPI subsystem logs filling up with the following messages:

1637: May 13 00:03:19.274 BST %MIVR-ICD_CTI-7-UNK:CSInboundMsgProcessor: The server is standby, not Master.

1639: May 13 00:03:19.274 BST %MIVR-ICD_CTI-7-UNK:OutboundMessageprocessor : sending msg : { length=-1 type=FAILURE_CONF,invokeId=0 statusCode:E_CTI_SERVER_NOT_MASTER text: CSInboundMsgProcessor: The server is standby, not Master to socket: Socket[addr=192.168.0.200,port=3053,localport=42027] }

1640: May 13 00:03:19.274 BST %MIVR-ICD_CTI-7-UNK:MsgHandler : Sent : { FAILURE_CONF to Socket[addr=192.168.0.200,port=3053,localport=42027] }

There is only one node in the cluster and according to the status pages, it has been elected as Master for the CRS Engine service.

Silver

I've since correctly configured the RmCm subsystem, and these errors have stopped and the application log errors regarding the Cisco Desktop Enterprise Service aren't appearing either. It may be checking the log files to see whether the RmCm engine has been provisioned correctly.

Community Member

Hi mmelbourne,

that´s was the problem. The RMCM was not configured and the mentioned errors were posted in the log.

Configuring the RMCM Provider and restarting the crs-engine helped. Now no more errors are posted !

thank you very much!

Kind regards

Torsten

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content