Helpful
Replies

IPIVR 8.0 port usage and monitor

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

Couple of queires related to UCCX 8.0:

• •- Is it possible to set an alert (email notification) if a set threshold of port usage is reached; so I can immediately come to know that the ports are about to exhaust
  • •- Is there any report / way to find out peak utilization of ports for given day / time interval. I know there is a historical report in Webview to see port utilization, but it gives average percentage of port utilization. So say if port utilization has reached peak for one minute in 30 minute interval; average percentage will be less than 100%.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

are we talking about a UCCE or UCCX? You mentioned WebView which is typical for ICM/UCCE.

G.

My routing client is CUCM and i am using translation routing; so CUCM invokes ICM and ICM invokes IPIVR for queueing the call and other specific functions.

In this scenario, i want to know how many ports i am using on day to day basis and how do i define a threshold after which i would like to get an email alert.  Is this possible ?

Thanks.

Hi,

first, about that email alert: some assembly required.

You can do it the "polling the realtime tables" way or the "have each script check" way, or the "IP IVR Default script" way.

Polling realtime tables: write a simple script which takes a look every now and then (for instance 5-8 seconds) at the Network_Trunk_Group_Real_Time database view. There is a couple of columns to watch, for instance: AllTrunksBusyToday, CallsInToday, CallsInNow. If a threshold is met, send an email.

The second option: use an If node in your ICM script to check for the same/simliar values, from the NetworkTrunkGroup section. If a condition is met, have IP IVR (or an Application Gateway Application) send your alert.

The third option: for the Translation Routing application in UCCX, configure the maximum number of sessions to the number of ports available for that port group. Configure a default script for that application that sends an email. So any time the maximum number of sessions threshold is reached, the default script will be run and send your alert.

About historical port usage: again, take a look at the database schema. For instance, Network_Trunk_Group_Half_Hour.

G.

Hi,

Thanks for detailed answer.  I will check above options and will keep you posted.