Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPIVR 8.5 HTTP Responce/Forward error

Hello,

I am trying to create a script that collects the information for the call (callid, calling number and etc.) and creates an URL with parameters and send it to the remote application server (as a notification of the incoming call). I did use the Create URL Document step to form the URL, but when i use either HTTP Forward or HTTP Send Responce step i receive the following error: "Send Http Responce / HTTP Forward: contact is not an HttpContact".

According to the documentation these are the correct connected steps that i have to use.

Can you please help me to resolve the issue?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IPIVR 8.5 HTTP Responce/Forward error

Alex,

you should have read the documentation for that.

The Create XML Document step actually DOES NOT perform the request. It just creates the reference to an XML document, and any time it is referenced, the request is made.

I recommend you to use the Cache document step, it does the request and caches the document, and if this cached document is referenced, no additional requests are made.

G.

Message was edited by: Gergely Szabo "does not performs" - I am still wandering around in Dreamland.

6 REPLIES
Super Bronze

IPIVR 8.5 HTTP Responce/Forward error

Hi

Those steps are designed for when the script is triggered by a HTTP request - i.e.

HTTP Send Response - you make up some data, and return it to the device that made the HTTP request that triggered the call

HTTP Forward - send the request to another HTTP server for processing

Since your script is triggered by a call, you can't use these.

Try a Get URL Document step. You can set that to POST or GET whatever you like.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

That explains the errors. The problem is that I do not have the Get URL Document step available within the CRS editor tool.

1. Is there a way to simulate HTTP triggered call?

2. Any other step i can use?

I want to build an URL with parameters and pass it to the application server. If i am on the voice call triggered script can i use the XML + HTTP steps to solve the task?

Regards, Alex

Super Bronze

Hi Alex

Oops, I meant 'Create URL Document'. Should be in 'Document' steps, not 'HTTP Contact' steps part of the palette?

I think it is in IPIVR as well as UCCX....

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

This is the step that use from the begining. The step that i missed is Create XML Document which solved my problem of sending the request to application server. But now, i send the request 3-4 times in a raw, which forms the another problem.

Do you have any idea why Create XML Document sends the request 4 time (GET method) or 3 times (POST method) and how can stop that?

Regards, Alex

Alex,

you should have read the documentation for that.

The Create XML Document step actually DOES NOT perform the request. It just creates the reference to an XML document, and any time it is referenced, the request is made.

I recommend you to use the Cache document step, it does the request and caches the document, and if this cached document is referenced, no additional requests are made.

G.

Message was edited by: Gergely Szabo "does not performs" - I am still wandering around in Dreamland.

Hi,

Actually, the combination of 'Create URL Document' + 'Create XML Document' does work correctly on the IPIVR 8.0 without issues. Here, in IPIVR 8.5, the  the combination of 'Create URL Document' + Cache Document' does work correctly.

I have to make a solution fast, so i do not have much time for researching.

Thanks for helping me to resolve the issue.

Regards, Alex

Views
Helpful
Replies