Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPIVR, self service with entries and writing possibility

Hi All;

If the caller in the queue (so there is a self service: all agents are bussy ...). and while it is in the self service, then I need also to give an announcement and give option for caller to enter 1 or 2, so I need to capture what the caller entered and write the value in external Database.

This to be done at ICM side or at IPIVR side? Or part here and part here? (For example, capturing what caller entered during the self service to be at IPIVR and to be passed for ICM, while writing it to the Database to be at the ICM script and via the AG (Application Gateway) and ODBC?

Any help.

Regards

Bilal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: IPIVR, self service with entries and writing possibility

Yes, that is correct. You can execute Stored Procedures from the database nodes on the IPIVR CRS script editor.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

14 REPLIES
Gold

Bilal,

In this case, you have to send the call to the IPIVR to get the menu DTMFs and use the IPIVR database access, through ODBC, to write data on your database.

You can try to develop an Application Data to write on your database, if the database engine that you are using is not supported in the IPIVR (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, DB2). In this case, you have to initiate the database writting from the ICM script.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Big Thanks.

In IPIVR, I use database access through ODBC, and in the ICM (in case I was need it) I use AG through ODBC, correct?

Regards

Bilal

Gold

Bilal,

That is correct, but when you develop your Application Gateway, you can use ODBC or another direct connection to access your database. In the Application Gateway case, you have to develop a custom application, that in one side communicates with ICM and in the other side communicates with you database in way you choose.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Dear Juan;

Special thanks for your kindly help.

And in IPIVR, I will be able to write to DB directly without need to develop Application Gateway?

By the way, if I need to write the caller number also in the DB, this can be captured in the IPIVR (CRS) and written to the DB using the IP IVR DB Access?

About the Application Gateway that talk with ICM, as I know that this to be configured from the Configuration Manager at AW and I will use the variables and the extended variables, and from the ICM script, I will use an Application Gateway block to call the Application Gateway, correct?

Maybe I have some ideas need to be fixed or corrected.

Regards

Bilal

Gold

Bilal,

You can write from IPIVR in some databeses (not all) through ODBC. You can write too the Caller Number is passed to IPIVR.

You can access to that data in the same way that you Get/Set the Peripheral Variables in the IPIVR, in the node 'Get Enterprise Call Info', variable Call.CallingLineID. You can write that data to your database using the step nodes in the 'Database' area of the CRS script editor ('Wwrite' step).

Regarding the Application Gateway your affirmations are true. You can pass variables and extended call variables to your aplication managed by the application Gateway.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Dear Juan;

For IPIVR Senario it is cleared, and really thanks.

For ICM and using the Application Gateway, for example if I need to call an stored procedure and pass for it some variables and receive another variables, the only way is to have an custom Application Gateway to be called from the ICM? Can not call the store procedue via ODBC without having custom Application Gateway?

Or you mean by the custom Application Gateway is the stored procedure it self?

Regards

Bilal

Gold

Bilal,

You can use store procedures with the Database nodes in CRS script editor.

Take a look to this conversation with some examples:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddfaabe

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I understood you that stored procedure can be executed from IPIVR within Database nodes, and Application Gateway to be used in ICM to run stored procedure via ODBC, correct?

But I am not able to find a documentation for the Application Gateway Interface (needed configuration on Configuration Manager, how to use it from the script editor).

Your kindly help is high appreciated.

Regards

Bilal

Gold

Bilal,

To use Application Gateway, apart from the configuration you need to do in Configuration Manager you will need to implement the Application Gateway portocol described on GED-145.

You will need to contact your Cisco AM o SE in order to get that document.

With Application Gateway you will be able to access a database with or without ODBC. Depends on how you build your application.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

That is now clear, so any Application Gateway need to be written in consideration with GED-145 protocol.

But I can use the ODBC to run an stored procedure on external Database without Application Gateway? Correct?

Regards

Bilal

Gold

Yes, that is correct. You can execute Stored Procedures from the database nodes on the IPIVR CRS script editor.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Do u have any document (or link) for the Application Gateway on ICM? I tried to find on the website but was not able to find.

Also I asked for something, I do not know if u noticed it: how it could be possible to call DB from ICM without Application Gateway and without going to the database node at CRS editor?

Regards

Bilal

Gold

Bilal,

Regarding the GED-145, you have got to ask you Cisco Team in order to get it. I think that there is a fee for development support in Cisco.

Regarding the second question, you can use the 'DBLookUp' Node in ICM Script Editor. With this feature you can query Microsoft SQL Server tables with a unique string key. Always, you can read the tables, but you can not write, make querys, other than look for data using the primary key in the table. You can not execute store procedures.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

lpezj I begg to differ - You can use Oracle in IPIVR just have to install Oracle 9.x or 10.x at the IVR server and create ODBC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content