Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPPA - Agent state changing to Not Ready

Hi

I have configured my UCCX and IPPA however I have a problem. When an agent logs on, I can set the agent state to Ready however as soon as a call is queued ready to be answered the state changes to Not Ready. When I test this with my IP Communicator, it often says 'Reserved' but the call never gets answered. Has anyone come across this problem before? I have read a few posts that seem to have experienced similar problems, but this has not yet helped mine.

thanks in advance

Ian

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: IPPA - Agent state changing to Not Ready

Hi

This is classic CSS/Partition issue as Mijanur pointed out, Make sure CSS of CTI ports include the partitions of agent phones.

Thanks

Anuj

Cisco Employee

CM telephony service generaly is partial if the CTI ports/triggers data in UCCX is not inconsistent with CUCM.

Do a database check and sync and see if it helps resolving the issue, Also beaware of thie defect "CSCtb77537"

Thank you

Anuj

9 REPLIES

Hi, make sure your UCCX system can reach your phones as well!

Check the partition/CSS of the CTI Ports and the Phones, it happens normally when the CTI can find the agent logged in but it can't find the phone for the permission issue.

HTH.

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

Cisco Employee

Hi

This is classic CSS/Partition issue as Mijanur pointed out, Make sure CSS of CTI ports include the partitions of agent phones.

Thanks

Anuj

Brilliant feedback guys, thanks for that. I have checked the CSQ and low and behold it doesn't have the correct CSS. However once this is applied it seems to have had an adverse affect on the Unified CM Telephony Subsystem which is now showing 'partial service' and the pilot number is constantly engaged. Is this connected or a separate problem

thanks

Ian

Cisco Employee

CM telephony service generaly is partial if the CTI ports/triggers data in UCCX is not inconsistent with CUCM.

Do a database check and sync and see if it helps resolving the issue, Also beaware of thie defect "CSCtb77537"

Thank you

Anuj

Silver

Hi

Did you change the css/partion from the CUCM or from UCCX? You should not change the CSS or Partion from the CUCM. Do it from from UCCX, so it always remain in sync.

Also, when you are calling the UCCX, are you calling from PSTN or another IP Phone. Depending on what kind of transfer is configured on UCCX, you may need to have PSTN GW or calling phone's CSS such that it can reach the Agent phone.

Thanks

- abu

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank you for your excellent feedback.

I have changed the CSS on the UCCX but am still having problems getting the Unified CM Telephony Subsystem working. I performed a data resync which initially displayed a problem with the CTI RP on CUCM. It complained about the ASCII diplay names not being consistent. I clicked on the Synchronise button which appeared to fix all problems but after re-starting the UCCX engine the Unified CM Telephony Subsystem still won't come back up, it remains in partial service. Do you have any ideas?

many thanks

Ian

Silver

Hi Ian

Can you restart the node manager again and then collect the mivr log?

Thanks

- abu

Hi Abu

i tried to get the logs but came across some file corruption. I will rebuild the server and UCCX software today and let you know how it goes. Thanks once again for you attention

Ian

Hi Abu

I have rebuilt the UCCX server and re-created the app users on CUCM. All services now now up. In terms of the original problem, I think you guys were spot on with respect to the partitions and CSS's. I have ensured these are all correct and now agents can select a ready state and take calls. Many thanks for all your assistance, it is grealy appreciated

Ian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content