Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is anyone using Nuance TTS for Spanish?

Our Nuance TTS for Spanish is horrible. The synthesized speech being played when retrieving data has lots of reverb/echo on it. The TTS for repeating back an account number is fine...it's the invoice amounts and dates that sound awful. Is anyone using Spanish TTS that has data dips? I love to call into one using a test account number. We have a TAC case open for this, but I am just curious to know what it should sound like for anyone else using it.

Thanks,

Stu

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Is anyone using Nuance TTS for Spanish?

The TTS sounds robotic and hence could be difficult to understand. One thing you could try is to alter the speech rate and see if this makes it easier to understand.

We slowed it down to about 15 (the default is 40). It still didn't help. Our native Spanish speaking folks were insulted by the quality of it. We worked with TAC and managed to write the scripts to take advantage of the pre-recorded Spanish prompts that already exist. You do this by using "Java Objects". It requires making "floating variables". Word is that Nuance version 4.0 will be released at the end of the year or first quarter 2005 which will have much more improved Spanish TTS.

We have the same problems that you mention. Could you please give more details about the way you solved it?

Thanks

Cisco TAC gave us a solution that worked for us. They explained "to write the scripts to take advantage of the pre-recorded Spanish prompts that already exist. You do this by using "Java Objects". It requires making "floating variables"." Of course, we already had all of our prompts recorded in Spanish. It was when the database would send invoice information such as amounts and dates is where we were having the problem.

Do you have Cisco TAC support? If so, I would open up the TAC case and try to request Chris Chandler. He is the one that helped us throught it. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post TAC solutions in the discussion format. :(

If TAC doesn't care, I don't mind posting the solution.

Thank you very much for your answer.

We are in touch with Cisco and we are going to give them the TAC contact that helped you.

Thanks again

I'm sorry I'm late in getting back to you on this. I did get permission from TAC to post the solution they provided us. Perhaps with this email and the TAC case, it will help you with your scripting. :)

The email is posted as an attachment since it's size is large. Hopefully, I'm posting it correctly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content