cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to change UCCX server's hostname ?

regi_firnanda
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using UCCX v.5 and CM v.5. My question is : Is it possible to change the hostname/computer name of UCCX server ?

If yes, could someone please tell me what the steps are ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Regi,

Unfortunatelly it is not, as UCCX uses either SQL server or MSDE and these do not work after chaning hostnames.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Regi,

Unfortunatelly it is not, as UCCX uses either SQL server or MSDE and these do not work after chaning hostnames.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

john.miccio
Level 1
Level 1

You can try and use the following steps:

If you spell a server hostname wrong on a box that has SQL there is a way to repair the hostname without rebuilding the box

1. Run isqlw from the affected server

2. Select the master DB

3. Do a sp_helpserver (this will show the server name)

4. Do a sp_dropserver "hostname"

5. Do a sp_addserver, Local "hostname"

6. Do a sp_helpserver again to confirm the change is correct

Please note that while I have used the procedure before, it was completed in ICM 7.x and was something I pulled off a forum. This was NOT something I got from TAC. I had success with this option so I am just throwing it out there for you. You may want to test in a lab first.

Thanks for all the replies. I have rate all of them.

Changing the hostname is just one of several possibilities in my case. So, based on the replies, I'll try to avoid it.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: