Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is it possible to restrict outbound calls from Agent line

Hello everyone 

Could you please advise me if it is possible to restrict outbound calls from agent phone?   My client informed me that she does not want her agents to make any calls from their phones unless when they receive incoming call via UCCX and if necessary to transfer the call.   Or if they do not log on as Phone Agent, they cannot make any outside calls from their agent line.   

Basically, she wants to restrict all outbound calls from agents.  (only allowed transfer/conference call center calls.  No dial out to anyone)

Will it be possible???  According to her, current system (Nortel) is not allowed to make any calls unless an agent log into the phone.  So, she wants to keep the same config for her new UCCX call center environment....

UCCX version will be 9 or above and it will be premium version....

I'll appreciate all your support

Nana

7 REPLIES

To the best of my knowledge this is not possible, because the calling restrictions on a phone can only be controlled via CUCM.  Sorry to bring the bad news.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thank you for quick reply   

I thought so too but I was told that it  might work by using Meet me script.  But I do not think that'll work neither.... because in order to use the script, their lines need to be configured to dial the trigger number which means, they'll be able to dial out other numbers as well.....  hmmmm...

But Thank you so much for your reply as always!!! 

Nana

The difficulty here is blocking calls but not transfers. Are the transfers to external numbers, or only internal? Are they to a fairly limited number of other numbers or a lot?

So long as your route patterns to the outside are not in the same partitons as your internal DNs, you could use calling search spaces to only be able to find your internal DNs and UCCX route points. If you need to be able to transfer to a limited number of external numbers, you could create a partition that had those numbers, and assign it to the agent's CSS.

--------------------------------- Please rate helpful posts Visit me a http://www.routeswitchblog.com

Hi PCHoldmann,

thank you for your suggestion      Could you kindly break down  the call manager setting by using example ?

they need to transfer calls to both internal and external numbers and those numbers could be limited (maybe around 20 - 30 numbers)  and they will only have one ext number on the phone.

Thank you very much for your suggestion

Nana

Assuming you have a partition for internal DNs called "Internal_DNs_PT" and a PSTN routes partiton called "San_Jose_Routes_PT." You would then create a partiton called "Agents_Outbound_PT" and a CSS called "Agent_Phone_CSS" that contains Internal_DNs_PT and Agent_Outbound_PT Then create a number of translation patterns that can find the outbound numbers or route patterns that have PSTN routes. I would lean toward translation patterns, but either will work.

If you use translation patterns, make sure they don't actually translate the number, just have a CSS that allows them to find the outbound route patterns.

If you have multiple locations, you may want to create partions/translation patterns for each.

Assign the Agent_Phone_CSS to the phone, and either your standard blocking CSS or no CSS to the line.

Make sense?

--------------------------------- Please rate helpful posts Visit me a http://www.routeswitchblog.com

Re:Is it possible to restrict outbound calls from Agent line

as per my understanding, this is all cucm controlled, based on the CSS you give to the phones... so, if you give them a "none" CSS, while all devices / route patterns have partitions set, they wont be able to make outbound calls..

in case you want them to be able to make some calls, you'll just need to create a CSS for them with access to the stuff they can call... the issue here is, whatever they can transfer to, they will be able to dial even if they didnt receive a call initially.. so, it all depends on what u want to allow them to do :)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Re:Is it possible to restrict outbound calls from Agent line

Thank you all for replies! 

I will ask my senior Call manager engineer about the options.  

Thank YOU

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content