Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is there a way to calculate how many CTI ports you need to handle call volume?

Greetings,

Is there anything out there I can use to calculate how many CTI ports a call control group would need to handle X number of calls?

I know the busy hour - total calls, duration, average handling time - everything you need to do the erlang B calc, however, I'm interested in knowing how many CTI ports the call control group should have. With our busy season almost upon us we anticipate call volumes tripling.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Keith

8 REPLIES

Is there a way to calculate how many CTI ports you need to handl

Hi Keith,

You can create as many CTI ports under CGG as you wish. These CTI ports will consume License IVR ports when they have an active call in them. Say for an example, when the caller is placed in Queue and being played with some Prompts, this is the time when The ywill consume the License IVR port.

So please check the Bysu Hour call report by Application or Route Point, and decide on the number of CTI ports.

Note: For IVR Outbound, you need to create only the allocated IVR Outbound licensed CTI ports, here you can not create more than the licenses.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hall of Fame Super Silver

SRND has link to Cisco IPC calculator you can use.

Chris

Community Member

Hi Chris,

I am not able to use the SRND IPC calculator as we are not considered by the almighty Cisco to be a "partner." I think a discussion with our account team is called for ....

Hall of Fame Super Silver

As seen in the SRND, you can simply use standard Erlang calcs to do the same, see figure 5-1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Community Member

So let's do the math because I must be missing something somewhere ...

To find the erlang value = total calls X AHT / 3600

175 X 13.79 / 3600 = .67

So, I plug the following into the erlang b calculator

BHT (erl) = .67

Blocking = .001

Lines = UNK

And click CALCULATE which returns for the unknow value (lines) 5.

My apologies in advance. This is the part I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around. This is telling me all I need is 5 CTI ports to handle 175 calls over the busy hour?

Hi kbenoit33,

Could you please tell us the Hardware on which UCCX is running?

Type of UCCX license (Premium\Enhanced\Standard) ?

Licensed IVR ports ?

No Of Agents?

Thanks,

Anand

Community Member

Hardware VM

UCCX Premium

Total IVR ports 300

Max agents 400

logged in 109

Again, all I'm after is I'd like to know how to determine how many CTI ports I need for a specific application in a specific call group.The application (script) is our main menu that offers choices and redirects based on the choices the callers select. There is no queuing to agents on this script, we redirect based on options callers choose.

I'm looking for the scientific approach rather than adding what I think would work, and adjusting the number of CTI ports based on rejected/aborted calls.

Thanks again for everyone's time and attention.

Keith

Hi Keith,

You can Queue the Callers=1.5*No of Agents.

For an example, lets say you have an application, which serves 10 Agents, than you can have 15 callers in the queus, in this case create 15 CTI ports, when all these CTI ports have callers waiting in Queue will be consuming the 15 Licensed IVR ports of the available Licensed IVR ports.

Likewise please have CCG's with CTI ports (which doesn't consume any licenses in CUCM) = 1.5 * Agents in each of your application.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content