Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is there any difference in the prompts of UCCX 7 (Windows based) and UCCX 9 (Linux based) ?

Are the prompts for UCCX 7 (windows based) and UCCX 9 (Linux Based) are different ?

There are no default prompts available in the script editor folder of UCCX 9.

I have downloaded some prompts from the internet with .wav format, but those prompts are not working.

Can someone tell me if the prompts are different and if they are really different, where to get those prompts then ?

I have also attached the prompts i have downloaded from the internet.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Is there any difference in the prompts of UCCX 7 (Windows based)

Nope, there's no difference.  UCCX uses either G711 or G729 encoded files.  You have to encode them first before you upload them.  UCCX will not encode them like CUCM does for MOH files.  In fact, you can use CUCM's MOH file encoding to encode your files for use within UCCX.

Also, you will not see the system prompts on your workstation where you installed the script editor.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

The only thing I have run into is that I believe UCCX 7 was not sensitive to the wrong case in prompt name values and UCCX 8+ is case sensitive for prompt names.

4 REPLIES

Nope, there's no difference.  UCCX uses either G711 or G729 encoded files.  You have to encode them first before you upload them.  UCCX will not encode them like CUCM does for MOH files.  In fact, you can use CUCM's MOH file encoding to encode your files for use within UCCX.

Also, you will not see the system prompts on your workstation where you installed the script editor.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

The only thing I have run into is that I believe UCCX 7 was not sensitive to the wrong case in prompt name values and UCCX 8+ is case sensitive for prompt names.

John, good point.  In fact, some of the system prompts don't play because of a mixed case issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4153794#4153794

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Thanks all for your help and guidance.

Views
Helpful
Replies