Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with a AA Script

sasanka.pathi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a problem with auto attendant script. I have a customer who has a greeting saying Welcome to XXXX company.Please enter the desire extension at any time. or else please wait for the operator. Now they want to add an option for the user to press 1 so that the call wil be transfereed to techincal supportteam. The flow wil be like this. WElcome to XXXX company. Please enter the desire extension at any time.For techincal relted queries please press 1 or else please wait for operator. So if the user press 1 the call will go to tehnical department.

The problem is in the script once the call lands in we have configured in such a way that the system will accept the 4 digit extension and if the user dont press the 4 digit extension it will go to operator. Now if i add the option of 1 in that system is waiting for another 4 digits then it is timing out and going to operator. Is there any way to accomplish the above task. I am adding the script for your reference.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you're using CUE, there is a step called "Dial By Extension Menu", this should solve your problem.
If you're using UCCX (or CUE and don't have this step) you can do the following:

In the Get Digit String branch Timeout, use an If statement that check if the Number entered was "1" then Call Redirect to Technical Departement Number, else Call Redirect to Operator Extension.

It should appear like this:

Extension = Get Digit String
Timeout
    if (Extension == "1")
        True
            Call Redirect to Technical
        False
            Call Redirect to Operator

Hope This Helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you're using CUE, there is a step called "Dial By Extension Menu", this should solve your problem.
If you're using UCCX (or CUE and don't have this step) you can do the following:

In the Get Digit String branch Timeout, use an If statement that check if the Number entered was "1" then Call Redirect to Technical Departement Number, else Call Redirect to Operator Extension.

It should appear like this:

Extension = Get Digit String
Timeout
    if (Extension == "1")
        True
            Call Redirect to Technical
        False
            Call Redirect to Operator

Hope This Helps,

Wonderfull answer thanks it looks like the problem is fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: