Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Number of Peripheral Variables

timotsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I created java classes and deployed them, they are working fine so far. My problem however, is how to make more variables (currently, only the first 3 substitutions are made). I have attached some screenshots to show you what I mean. I edited the “CVP Subdialog Return_01.xml” add the extra variable but it never worke.

I appreciate if any of you has some pointers on how I can solve this.

Kind Regards,

Tim

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You cannot add any more to CVP.

Basically you have 5 variables you can fill in to be passed back to CVP. The first is caller_input, returned to ICM in the ECC variable user.microapp.caller_input. This is mandatory - if you don't put something in here the application will repeat.

The other 4 match the array user.microapp.FromExtVXML. You should create this as an array or 4 elements. If you are only getting 3 back, then perhaps you only made a 3 element array. You cannot extend it - delete it and add it again. This will give you fits because they are referenced in your script and the variable cannot be deleted if referenced in a script. So you will have to delete them, save the script, delete the old scripts (and go to Deleted Objects to completely remove them) then add them again. You will probably have to restart CVP because the numbers are messed up.

Watch the amount of space you allocate to the element - the space is being multiplied by 4.

If you need to pass back more information, concatenate the (probably) session variables (using substitution) and then parse them out in ICM. Easy if they are fixed lengths as you can use the substr() function. Slightly harder if of varying lengths, but the find() function can be used to parse strings based on a separation character. Takes a bit of fiddling about - but it's doable.

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you Geoff for your reply.

I will have to find other ways of presenting my other customer information.

Is there a way I can rename the fields in the Cti agent desktop? Like,

to have "Name" instead of var1, "location" instead of var2 etc?

Thank you

On Thursday, November 18, 2010, geoff@hp.com

Is there a way I can rename the fields in the Cti agent desktop? Like,

to have "Name" instead of var1, "location" instead of var2 etc?

Yes, but you will have to be more specific. If you are using the CTIOS Agent Desktop, you can change the names of the columns on display through the server registry. If you are using CAD (Cisco Agent Desktop), you need to create ECC variables in a specific way, and add these to the "Layout". You would need to copy from PVs into these ECC variables in your ICM script.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: