cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IVR script defaulting to English on multi-lingual choice menu

m320716
Level 1
Level 1

Hello: I have an IVR script with multi-lingual choices (press 1 for Spanish, press 2 for Vietnamese); I want it to default to zero for English, without any caller's input. How should I confugure the "timeout" branch to accomplish this?

I have attached a file with screenshots of what I have done so far. I hope this makes sense; otherwise, I can provide more info.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Manuel

2 Replies 2

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

Each of the prompts you refer to is a prompt *variable*. Each of those prompt variables is a prompt expression like: ?P[filename.wav]?. I believe what is happening is that the variable is being initialized at script initialization time. At that time the language in effect is probably English, so the variable is being resolved to the English version of the prompts.

You may want to try changing the container prompt so that rather than each prompt refer to a prompt variable, have each prompt be the prompt expression itself (I.e. put ?P[filename.wav]? directly into the container prompt and skip the variables altogether.

JennyIVRE
Level 1
Level 1

have u find the answer for this?

I need to develop a spanish application.how can I achieve through CISCO CRA Editor