Level 3

Hi Pros,

I have a IVR requirement which is as below:

1) Welcome caller

2) Provide following options

- If u know extension, dial it now

- or else press 2 for call center

- or else press 0 for operator

Now the problem is, my extensions are 4 digit in length and if caller presses single digit to reach operator or call center, the IVR does not route the call.

How can I achieve such a thing in the script? Also, for 0 I have translation pattern to operator, but for 2 (call center) I cannot create as I have extensions starting 2XXX.

So if caller presses 2, IVR script needs to translate it to 4 digit extension number of call center before sending to ccm.

I am attaching my current script which is not completely working and only the above query needs to be corrected in the script.

Regards,

Pratik

3 Replies 3

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

AFAIK you should use slightly different scenario:

1) Welcome caller

2) Provide following options (Menu step)

- If u know extension, press 1 (then collect 4 digits - collect digits step)

- or else press 2 for call center

- or else press 0 for operator

--

regards,

PK

That would have been last option, but I managed to get it working. Under the Get Digit String node, there is a timeout node wherein I put a If Node which states Extension==0 if true then redirect call to reception, if false go to next If Node which states Extension==2 if true then redirect call to Call Center, if false disconnect call.

With any type of coding there is more then one way to fix your problem. Here how I solved the problem

First create a variable call vDialPlan set type as string, and value as "2". Then create another variable called vGetExtension set type as string.

Then do a get digit string. Set your Input Length to 3, terminating, and cancel digit to None.

Then in your redirect destination put vDialPlan.concat( vGetExtension )

This will add to the "2" to the front of the get digit number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: