Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Joining "Place Call" and "Triggering Contact" (cell phone Huntgroup)

Hello,

I'm currently working on a script to do an after hours huntgroup for techsupport engineers.

So far the script receieves a call, lets them know it is going to search for a tech. then loops through the list of tech's cell phones. It dials each, tells them it is a tech problem. If they press one, they accept. If they press two, or nothing then it loops to the next person on the list.

So the problem is. How do i get the tech, that accepted, to talk to the person on the original call? i can't seem to figure out a way to merge the two contacts/calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Joining "Place Call" and "Triggering Contact" (cell phone Hu

I have done this same thing successfully. The only way do connect them is to "terminate" the call to the cell phone, and then immediately redirect the caller to the persons cell phone number.

There isn't a "conference" step to blend the two contacts together.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Andy,

Is it going to connect the call without actually droping the call at the remote phone? Or will he have to answer another phone call? If it does work as seemless transfer what was the success rate of call completed?

Chris

Blue

It will drop the first call, and then they will receive another phone call.

The success should 100% assuming the person on the other end answers the call, or the individuals cell phone coverage goes bad.

Its a bit "risky" because you won't be able to be 100% positive that your last redirect of the caller to the cell phone completed. Unfortunately there isn't any other way to do this.

I have had it in production somewhere for over a year and they haven't had many problems to report.

adignan - berbee

Have you guyz tried the Consult Transfer Java Bean? It is part of the CRS Repository. Is it possible to place the call on hold and then do the consult transfer step and then release the call. The consult transfer bean is Unity's.

Blue

From what I gather, the consult transfer would only work internally and not for pstn transfers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content