cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keeping a caller's position in queue

kevinmccarron
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants to give callers in an IPCC express CSQ (version 4.03) an option while waiting in queue to xfer out to the operator. However, if the caller elects to go back into queue after speaking with operator the customer would like the caller's place in queue maintained so that he or she is not "in the back of the line" when they reenter the queue. Is this possible to do, potentially by checking session information?

1 Reply 1

wiwebb
Level 4
Level 4

You could identify the call with session info, but I don't think even 4.x offers any option for manipulating actual position in queue other than by modifying priority. To that end, I think a simple solution would be to have the operator transfer to a separate number which queues back to the same CSQ but with a higher priority.

Since the "gate" for this function is a human (the operator), I would surprised if you would have callers trying to "cheat" the system, if they actually figured it out, by always opting out to the operator and asking to be transferred back. I'm assuming this is a function that is not going to happen a lot - maybe a couple times a day max?

If that's the case, it shouldn't have much of an impact to have those calls recieve potentially faster or preferential service.

It's not the greatest solution, but I don't know any other way to manipulate position in queue.

- Bill

- Bill