Views
Helpful
Replies

Launch Cisco Interaction Manager within CAD Integrated Browser

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Dears,

We have a UCCE system version 9.0 integrated with Cisco Interaction Manager.

Is there a way to launch the CIM interface within the CAD integrated browser so the agent will have a unified interface for both CAD and CIM?

I have tried to associate a task button with an http action but still a new window appears and the agent is obliged to re-enter his credentials.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Lara

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Basically there are too many configuration steps involved, i am explaining step by step:

1) Make sure Integrated browser is enabled in CAD workflow administrator for the agent work flow, and the "pop up is new window" is unchecked and the number of integrated browser is set to 1 or more (so that we can have http action configured to point to workflow browser.)

2) now we will be creating an HTTP action to open CIM login screen in the integrated browser when agent state is logged in:

go to

Agent management work flow --> loggedi n event --> add action with all default rule:

select

HTTP action and there ale add new action

3) after adding HTTP action, you have to configure its behaviour:

let me try to explain some of the configuration

-->host will be thr web server of cim

-->action will be :http

-->port is default 80 and the method will be the GET.

-->the path is tricky, it is the the path which agent uses to login.(most of the time default partition will have same path)

the path you can easily get by looking at the URL of simple agent login.

the Most important is request data:

if you look at the screenshot, i have added two request parameters

"userName" and "password" and set it both to Agent_ID. the parameters will be added as a name value pair when HTTP request is sent to web server, and for login an agent CIM needs this only.(to see username and password coming in request as name value pair), please also put the test data so you can test them on same time.

now when you click the preview, you should be able to see the URL based on test data and when you click on test and if your all data is correct you will be logged in to CIM.

thats it, click ok, click add action and do some test login. see if it works.

below is the sample screen shot of working one:

regards

Chintan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

you can do that with cisco workflow administrator,

you can use the integrated browser under CAD user interface option and put CIM login url there so as soon as agent logs in, integrated browser will launch the defined URL.

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Lara,

looks like i mis read the requirements:

1) you don't want CIM login to open outside CAD console, but you want all to work inside CAD integrated browser?

this is possible

2) you want agent to automatically log in to CIM when they login to CAD?

pretty much possible, if you have userID and password same.

regards

Chintan

Hello Chintan,

The requirement is to have CIM within CAD in a unified interface where the agent enters his credentials only once to login to both applications.

Regards,

Lara

its possible if you have login ID and Password same.

e.g login credentials:

AgentID: 121749463

Password: 121749463

Regards,

Chintan

Thank you, but how to configure this?

Regards,

Lara

Basically there are too many configuration steps involved, i am explaining step by step:

1) Make sure Integrated browser is enabled in CAD workflow administrator for the agent work flow, and the "pop up is new window" is unchecked and the number of integrated browser is set to 1 or more (so that we can have http action configured to point to workflow browser.)

2) now we will be creating an HTTP action to open CIM login screen in the integrated browser when agent state is logged in:

go to

Agent management work flow --> loggedi n event --> add action with all default rule:

select

HTTP action and there ale add new action

3) after adding HTTP action, you have to configure its behaviour:

let me try to explain some of the configuration

-->host will be thr web server of cim

-->action will be :http

-->port is default 80 and the method will be the GET.

-->the path is tricky, it is the the path which agent uses to login.(most of the time default partition will have same path)

the path you can easily get by looking at the URL of simple agent login.

the Most important is request data:

if you look at the screenshot, i have added two request parameters

"userName" and "password" and set it both to Agent_ID. the parameters will be added as a name value pair when HTTP request is sent to web server, and for login an agent CIM needs this only.(to see username and password coming in request as name value pair), please also put the test data so you can test them on same time.

now when you click the preview, you should be able to see the URL based on test data and when you click on test and if your all data is correct you will be logged in to CIM.

thats it, click ok, click add action and do some test login. see if it works.

below is the sample screen shot of working one:

regards

Chintan

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Best Regards,

Lara

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: