Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching an External Application from Admin Desktop

I'm trying to pass Arguments into the correct fields in the external appication when the call is answered. 

*When I answer the call I can see the data in the CAD agent window.

*The external application/form does open.

I'm not sure how to get the Argument into the correct field on the form

The Scripts Argument Name is: Member ID

The field name in the script that is feeding the form is: MemberNumber     

To pop the script form:   C:\Program Files\Sungard\Macess.exp\Scripts\Create Service Form.vbs

Thanks
Denise

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Hi Denise,

Either you are having trouble with the CDA Launch External Application itself, or you are having trouble with your VBS script file.

For the former, have you read the CDA guide and flipped to page 119?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/cda85ccxug-cm.pdf

For the latter, if you post your VBS file here, as an attachment or paste it's contents if it's small enough, then I'll take a look and see what's what for you.  Otherwise, it's impossible for us to know what data it's expecting and in what format.

Let me know.  Take care.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

I've uploaded the VBS file.  Thanks for taking a look Anthony

Re: Launching an External Application from Admin Desktop

Denise,

The Launch External Application is pretty basic in its functionality, and sometimes you have to help it along.

The way it works is: You specify the app to run, and then you specify the Enterprise Data Field names you wish to append as arguments.

So, if the app is myapp.exe and the Enterprise Data Fields are myarg1 and myarg2, then the windows Command Line will process the following command:

*Assume myarg1 and myarg2 are populate with Anthony and 12345 respectively

myapp.exe Anthony 12345

And that's it.

If your script required named arguments, like this:

myapp.exe /name:Anthony /acct:12345

Then you will not be able to achieve this with Launch External Application alone.  It just doesn't have the flexibility to do it.

Unfortunately, this is the situation you are in.  Your VBS file is expecting the following named arguments to be passed in:

• SFTemplateID
  • MemberNumber
  • ProviderNumber
  • PhoneNumber

Making the proper syntax for running the command:

"UCare_Create Service Form.vbs" /SFTemplateID:44 /MemberNumber:12345 /ProviderNumber:54321 /PhoneNumber:6125551212

It looks like all of the arguments are optional; however, only SFTemplateID has a default value of 37.  If you don't supply a value, the form probably still gets created, just with no values populated.  I'm speculating here, because I don't know what your Microsoft Access form is scripted to handle.

Ok, so how do we fix this?  Well, you have two immediate options:

1A.  Rewrite the VBS file to not look at Named Arguments, instead use positional arguments.  E.g., Instead of looking for /SFTemplateID:37, just know that the first argument (arg.item(0)) is the value for SFTemplateID.  Whoever wrote this VBS would know what that means and could convert it for you.

1B.  Create a new "man in the middle" VBS file that takes in positional arguments, and then calls the real VBS with named arguments.  Use this option if changing the original VBS is not an option due to other dependencies.

2.  Abandon using the regular arguments in Launch External Application, and instead, and this gets a tad ugly, create the argument list in UCCX first, and then send the whole argument list as one giant value to CAD, and then use that value in Launch External Application.  E.g., In UCCX create a string variable which builds the following:

Set sFormArgs = "/SFTemplateID:" + sSFTemplateID + " /MemberNumber:" + sMemberNumber + " /ProviderNumber:" + sProviderNumber + " /PhoneNumber:" + sPhoneNumber

*Variables names are for example only, you will need to change them to meet your needs.  Then, you pass that long string to CAD.

Does this all make sense?

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content