cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Light if call in queue

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a contact center express enhanced 4.5 system and have someone looking for whether they can have one of the busy lamp lights in an open spot on the phone light up to let them know there are calls in Queue for the contact center. I have suggested dual monitors so the agent could always be up on the second monitor but the individual does not want to go that route. Is there an option or way to do this through the scripting?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's actually incorrect.

Since you are using a Place Call on Hold step, the caller will hear music.

Shorten your delay from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.

Add in a place call step that has a timeout of 10 seconds.

Then loop it.

Label: Queue Loop

Play Prompt QueueMessage.wav

Call Hold

Place Call [contact, destination, timeout=10]

-- Successful

---- Terminate contact (Not --Triggering Contact--)

-- No Answer

-- Busy

-- Invalid

-- NoResource

-- Unsuccessful

Delay 20 Sec

Call Unhold

Goto Queue Loop

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

I would recommend using the IP Phone Agent service which will allow you to display realtime stats on the phone display.

Thank you. Is there documentation you recommend on that?

You could use a place call step to call an extension on the agent phones.

This would ring/light up the phone when a caller enters a queue branch.

That might work for this situation. Here is what I have. The Queue plays a prompt, the user is put on hold for 30 seconds, the user is taken off hold, and looped back to the prompt. So if I place a call say after the play prompt wouldn't the customer here the phone ring and would the Contact Center still have control of the call. I just want to see if I can just get the button to light and the caller not realize they are ringing that extension and wouldn't really want the agent picking up the call from that other extension.

That's actually incorrect.

Since you are using a Place Call on Hold step, the caller will hear music.

Shorten your delay from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.

Add in a place call step that has a timeout of 10 seconds.

Then loop it.

Label: Queue Loop

Play Prompt QueueMessage.wav

Call Hold

Place Call [contact, destination, timeout=10]

-- Successful

---- Terminate contact (Not --Triggering Contact--)

-- No Answer

-- Busy

-- Invalid

-- NoResource

-- Unsuccessful

Delay 20 Sec

Call Unhold

Goto Queue Loop

I have a whole new way (as far as i can tell) to light a queue light like a traditional ACD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCjFlqzLndQ

Basically place a call to a particular port, and have your agents BLF that port. When the port rings in or is busy, it lights up. You can also make it flash or go red based on number of calls in queue, or do this at a particular interval.

Hi,

This sounds like a really useful feature.

Can you please provide some more details and ideally post a sample script?

i would love if i get a copy of this scrript as wel :)

robluechtefeld
Level 1
Level 1

Here is how I accomplished something similar to this. In my scenario they wanted to ring a chime that was mounted on the wall. The chime basically appeared as an analog phone device.

First, I created two scripts and application. The first was the script that would select a resource / queue the call. If the call was queued, it would trigger the second application using the "Trigger Application Step". In that step, the option to run synchronous is set to NO. Therefore the original contact would continue to process in the original script, but the second application would start up.

The second application then places a call to the directory number for my bell device. Of course, this device does not answer the phone so eventually the call times out. I have that timeout set to 5 seconds. After the call times out, I check the queue again to see if there are any calls in the queue. If there are, I ring the bell again. If not, I exit the application.

In the settings for the second (bell ringer) application, I only allow one session to run at a time. This way, if the bell ringer is already running, I don't allow a second call in the queue to start another copy of the bell ringer app. In the original application, if the trigger statement fails, I assume the ringer app is already running and just continue.

I've attached an excerpt from my first script showing the select resource, and also attached my second script, the bell ringer application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: