cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit of CSR's or UCCE users per CUCM cluster?

Well my math and lack of documentation compete always, so trying to find max number of CSR's one can have, I understand it depends on ucce/ICM environment.

A cucm cluster with 8 subscribers fully loaded hw etc and moderate CSR skill sets and average number of queues:

Some others came up with  around 2000 csrs max if we were to poppulate on whole cluster nothig but ucce users or csrs.

Is this limitation because of PG or CTIOS or what?  if its due to PG can we have 2 PG's or total of 4 pg's (A and B sides) will this double CSR capacity to 4000?

As you may know capacity of cucm is 30K+ for users and devices.

Thoughts, facts or CCBU advice?

Thanks,

Baseer

8 Replies 8

You will find your answer in the UCCE SRND.  The limit is 2000 per PG pair, so like you stated 2 PG pairs will yield 2000 UCCE agents.

david

David,

If it makes sense we are willing to add 6 pg’s or 3 pg pairs what will be then our max count of ucce agents?

-Baseer

The high level rule I use is 2000 agents per PG pair/UCM cluster.  However, this is not 100% valid.  If you're getting close to the 2000 agent limit you need to look into number of skill groups, how many skill groups assigned to agents, how many supervisors, CAD vs. CTIOS, etc.  I keep saying SRND and I really do mean it, make sure you have all your numbers put together and start going through SRND and figuring out what works best for you.

david

With 3 PG pairs and a potential 6000 agents on UCCE, you really need to do the call flow estimates, figure out a suitable BHCA, and run the Cisco UC Sizing Tool. You may be surprised by the output, especially what the CUCM cluster(s) look like in the tool.

Big contact centers need a lot of thinking at the design stage because there are so many variables - what is the deployment model, what is the network layout, what is the redundancy model, what is the survivability model.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks.

If you using CTIOS as your desktop client you can run two PIMs on a CM PG for a max count of 4,000 agents. Unfortunately, if you are using CAD as your desktop client you are limit to a single PIM and I believe an agent count of 1,000 agents. CAD is very dense in relation to CTIOS. Also, if you plan on using a high number of mobile agents you need to count your agents with a heavier load. For CAD, 1 mobile agent translated to 1.7 agent load and CTIOS I believe is 1.3 agent load.

My understanding on the limitiations is with the code in the jtapi interface on the PG. While UCM CTI manager can process a higher agent count the jtapi interface on the PG cannot.

My two cents.

Thanks.

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Well my math and lack of documentation compete always, so trying to find max number of CSR's one can have, I understand it depends on ucce/ICM environment.

I know there is a lot of documentation to wade through when doing your UCCE designs, but in this case, the SRND is crystal clear. See pages 303 and on. Cisco provide several diagrams showing what you are allowed depending on your CUCM redundancy model.

Moreover, Cisco provide the Sizing Tool to enable a more sophisticated design assessment using the other parameters (such as number of skill groups per agent).

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: