Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Linux-based UCCX, Repository, Script Editor

On Linux-based UCCX (such as 9.x and above),

1) Where are the repositories (script repository, document repository, etc.)?  Are they on file system or database?

From my discovery, they seems to be at:

/opt/cisco/uccx/Scripts

/opt/cisco/uccx/Prompts

/opt/cisco/uccx/Documents

/opt/cisco/uccx/Grammars

But I'm not 100% sure.  How do these repositories get replicated across different nodes?

2) Can I open a script in repository directly from script editor? (UCCX 10.5.1)

I log on with UCCX admin credential to the script editor.  I choose File > Open > Script Repository.  I expect to see scripts on UCCX server.  But the editor didn't seem to do anything.  The only files I can see is the local hard drive on my Win7 laptop.

Thanks!

• Contact Center
3 REPLIES

Hi,RE 1: UCCX is a black box

Hi,

RE 1: UCCX is a black box - you don't directly work with its file system. Everything, including scripts, prompts, documents, grammars is stored in the database of the UCCX (and it has been, since the release of CRS 3.x). This answers your question: all these objects are copied from one UCCX to the second node if we are talking about High Availability, from one database to another database.

RE 2: Yes, you can, provided the CCX Script Editor is connected to the UCCX server (naturally, after logging in successfully). If the editor does not do anything then it's either something wrong with the network connection or the Script Repository does not contain a user script - so create one, save it locally, upload it using the appadmin web interface and restart the CCX Editor - it should see the newly uploaded script.

G.

Gergely, Thank you very much

Gergely,

Thank you very much for your info.  But I guess we need more in-depth info.

RE 1: I fully understand UCCX is a black box - everything should be done via the UCCX Admin web portal.  But understanding how things work under the hood can help us troubleshoot the problem or discover a bug.

For example, on UCCX 10.5.1, if you upload a script via UCCX Admin web portal, the corresponding script will show up on file system in the /opt/cisco/uccx/Scripts directory.  This is an indication that UCCX 10.5.1 is using the file system to store uploaded scripts.

Does UCCX 10.5.1 use database to store scripts?  Maybe.  But until I know the table name in database and see it with SQL query, I'm not convinced.

RE 2:  I'm curious how the script editor downloads scripts from UCCX server 10.5.1 (linux-based).

As we all know that Cisco locks down the Linux-based UCCX, which means, a client software (in this case, the script editor) cannot dip into the file system via SFTP/SCP/SSH protocol.  If as you said, the script editor can do this on a Linux-based UCCX, what protocol it will be using?

Thanks!

Hi,RE 1: I am sorry, although

Hi,

RE 1: I am sorry, although I do appreciate your enthusiasm, I believe your argument is not valid: even if the script appears somewhere on the file system as a file it does not serve as a proof of UCCX as a system uses that particular file. It may be caching it there. Who knows (Cisco developers, probably). And honestly, who cares. Cisco gives you the guarrantee of storing your scripts somewhere provided you use the supported means (= the appadmin web interface) of uploading it.

Honestly, you can try poking the RPM's that build up UCCX - it's an interesting weekend project, I can tell you; but again, what's the use.

About your desire to see the script in the database table: okay, I can convince you if you want, by installing a 10.0(x) UCCX (this is all I have available) - but first, may I ask you, why you want to see that? Pretend, you somehow break the security rules of UCCX and you get direct access to everything held in the Informix DS datastore - you run your SQL query, you get a BLOB (yes, scripts are stored as binary objects), and then what?

RE 2: The CCX Editor uses a binary protocol, something similar to Java RPC. 

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.