Views
Helpful
Replies

Logger purge settings

ashrafkhanm
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can anyone please provide me the procedure to change the Purge settings of an ICM logger 7.x ?  i.e. In ICM, we have a log called "Router log viewer" where we will get all call related information. We  want to purge  these logs on regular interval. Any help would be highly appreciated

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

At first glance, I don't like the sound of this.

Can you provide a bit more detail on your requirements?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

We are running the contact center version 7.2. In the ICM there is a log called "Router log viewer" We would like to Purge this log on a regular interval. Say every 15 days, the old logs should be purged automatically. I'm not sure whether we can Purge this particular log alone or we have to Purge the entire HDS logs. Please let me know if you want more information.

Thanks,

Ashraf

Why do you want to purge this?

david

Exactly.

The Router Log Viewer is an important tool - you should be checking this regularly for routing issues. But you just look at the latest errors and ignore the old ones - as you may have solved those.

Regards,

Geoff

In the ICM there is a log called "Router log viewer" We would like to Purge this log on a regular interval. Say every 15 days, the old logs should be purged automatically. I'm not sure whether we can Purge this particular log alone or we have to Purge the entire HDS logs.

I was actually looking into the Router Log Viewer today, because I was seeing more errors there ("No default route for DN") than I was seeing in the dumplog of the router, and I was wondering where the Router Log Viewer got it's information from.

I believe it is looking at either  the t_Event table or the t_Application_Event table - according to the schema this is a subset of t_Event.

This table is only on the central controller. I'm guessing that the Router Log Viewer is getting a direct SQL connection to the Logger and pulling the data. Does anyone know more about how the app works?

If my guess is correct, you could control the retention time on the t_Event table to affect what the Router Log Viewer shows. The default is 14 days, so it won't go back further than that.

You cannot purge the whole lot every (say) 15 days as you ask. You could wind this down to (say) 3 days to only have a small number of events.

Regards,

Geoff

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

The Router Log Viewer indeed gets its data out of the above two  tables. The Router Log Viewer only pulls certain MessageIds relevant to  calls. Some examples that will get you a listing of routed calls and the  common 'No default label ..' :

select * from Application_Event
where MessageId = '-519765950'

select * from Event
where MessageId = '1627914338'

As already mentioned,  this is an invaluable troubleshooting tool and you really shouldn't be  touching that data. Still, you could change the retention settings as  Geoff pointed out. This is the doc on that :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008014f8b9.shtml

If you really wanted to get rid of all of it every X days you could set up a scheduled job in SQL to truncate the two tables, there's no functionality to do that within ICM.

Kris/Geoff,

Thank you very much for your answers. That helped a lot