Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Logging in Agents

What criterion determines which CTI Sever (7.1.2) a CTI OS agent logs into for a duplexed system?  I have done a ton of tests and can report with 100% certainty that it is not round robin and does not balance out perfectly even.  If there is a formula or a test the desktop runs while logging in could someone please share it with me?

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Logging in Agents

There is no formula, it's just random. If you want to implement a formula you would need to manipulate the connection settings in a customized desktop, however that would likely break the built-in failover mechanism.

2 REPLIES

As a follow up I've found some evidence that suggests if the last octet of the client IP address was odd then it would log into CTI OS A and if even it would log into CTI OS B on first attempts. This does not explain why after logging in and out on multiple occasions the system chooses to switch sides. 

Please, if anyone has any information, feel free to share.

There is no formula, it's just random. If you want to implement a formula you would need to manipulate the connection settings in a customized desktop, however that would likely break the built-in failover mechanism.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content