Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

looking for sample script for ICM and CVP similar to emergency.aef

Hello,

I have a client with CVP, ICM 7 and 8.x builds.  They would like to have  a way to turn on and turn off emergency message played in their main menu.

I see it a two step process: 1) verify and authenticate the caller 2) give the option to change a variable so other applications or scripts can use it play or not to play a particular promt.

I briefly looked into ip ipvr and uccx environment closest I see is emergency.aef is there some thing similar for icm and cvp as well.

Thanks,

Baseer.

2 Replies 2

jessepbeatty
Level 1
Level 1

Are you looking to do this through a full-blown VXML app or CVP microapps? I usually use the microapps and an ICM User Variable

You can configure a Get Digits (GD) microapp to accept a number of digits (I usually use 5). And then examine the results which are stored in Call.CallerEnteredDigits. For example, if CED = 12345 then set the user variable to 1, if CED = 54321 then set the user variable to 0. Then you can check in your routing scripts for the value of the user variable to know whether or not to play the announcement.

You'd want to use something non-trivial for the passcode. For the ease of use for the business turning the flag on/off, I usually record prompts to play (via PM microapp) to let them know what has happened rather than just setting the variable and hanging up. Something like:

"Emergency message is now on."

"Emergency message is now off."

"Unrecognized passcode."

If you have not configured microapps before, there is some good information in "Configuration and Administration Guide

for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal", just search cisco.com for your particular version.

Thanks that is a good suggestion.  I worked with

micro apps and that is what I may end up using I am not well groomed on CVP.  I will look at the guide and see.

Appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: