Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Password of an UCCX in Production

hsalas_DD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I´m not able to get the password for the Windows Administrator user and I need it because now I´m supporting the customer, right now I´m doing relative fine because at least I got the appadmin User and Password but I would appreciate if some one can share with me the procedure to recover this missing password.

Regards,

Héctor Salas

3 Replies 3

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hector,

From the problem description I understand that you are looking for steps on how to recover or reset  the admin password for windows 2003 server itself.

If the server is part of the domain then you can login with any domain admin account and reset the local admin account password in user management.

If the server is not part of the domain (most of the cases it is not) then you are almost looking for a hack into the system unless if you know of any other account you can login with.

There are some password recovery tools that can be used but I guess this question will be more appropriate on Microsoft windows 2003 forum

Regards

Anuj

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've had to do this before.  There is a good guide along with links to the utility you can use to do this here:  http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/offlinentpwed.htm

Please note that you should ONLY do this with your customer's permission, and it does require taking the server off line with direct console access to complete the process.

Cliff

Hi Hector,

Try to use Ophcrack, this is a linux live cd, with this you are not going to change the password, it will show you the password that is already being used for the server accounts.

Gabriel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: