Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing variables in IVR script

mmaddalena
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am not expert with IVR script, so can you help me with the following:

when a script finish to run, of course all the variables used during the script lose them values. Is there a way to retrieve the values for the next script execution without using a DB support to store values?

I need this because an amployed of an office should be able to change "welcome" prompts in particular circumstance (for example when the office is closed).

The scenario is the following:

-an external call arrives

-welcome message is played (let's say with the variable PROMPT1)

-the call is redirected to the right internal

Now, let's suppose that the employeed of the office where the external calls arrive want to use another prompt as welcome message already recorded on the IVR server. I supposed he needs to trigger another IVR script which set the variable PROMPT1 with the new prompt. The problem is that for the new external incoming calls the variable PROMPT1 does not have the last assigned value of course...I hope there is another solution then using DB read/write.

Have you any idea?

Thanks in advance for your time

5 Replies 5

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

As far as I know there is no way to retrieve the values for the next script execution without using a DB support to store values

I don't know of a way to keep variables from script to script but if you don't have DB support you could try to do it with text files. it should be simple to write

some text and then retrieve it and use it as a prompt value

n.mccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

The best way to do this is to create an ivr script that allows users to call a number with a necessary pin number, record their new script and once they have recorded it creates a new prompt1 or whatever you want the variable to be.

mmaddalena
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to do something using Document variables.

Also the Session variables permit to keep information between different calls session.

Thanks everyone

tapk5
Level 3
Level 3

My solution is to create a DB in local MS SQL or external server. and integrate into IPCC, so you could always write variable data into DB, and retrieve next time.

Wei