Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulating XML files in UCCX repository

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a new customer who has an existing single server UCCX 7.0 deployment. Their existing scripts use XML files for system open/closed, holiday dates etc. The XML files are stored in a directory on the local hard drive (e.g. in C:\xmldocs) rather than in the UCCX repository.

I need to migrate the scripts to UCCX8 so the XML files can no longer be stored in a local directory and need to move to the repository. I am comfortable modifying the scripts in this manner.

The issue I have is that the original installer wrote a web based management portal that allows the user to manipulate the contents of the XML files - e.g. set the system state to closed - using a web browser. This is accomplished using a series of ASP files and IIS on the UCCX server itself.

I would like to provide equivalent functionality for UCCX8. I need to know whether it is possible to manipulate XML files stored in the repository without the use of UCCX scripts (I know I could write an IVR app to modify the XML files but want to use a web browser).

If anyone can point me in the right direction to accomplish this I would be grateful.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Absolutely.

Go here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_user_guide_list.html

Get the Scripting and Development Guide vol 1 for your specific version.  Once you download it, go to the section for designing a Web Enabled client script.  There are full steps there that will show you how to do it.  When you do the create URL document step, you'll just point it at the extenal server.

I've done this multiple times to retreive data via XML using an Enhanced license.

View solution in original post

Premimum license is needed for INBOUND http processing, but you can initiate outbound HTTP "gets" with any of the licenses.

Have fun!

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

Hey James,

I don't think you can modify the XML files in UCCX 8's repository (but maybe someone else can confirm).

But you could just keep the XML files on a seperate IIS server, and modify them however you want.  Then modify your UCCX scripts to use web services or a DB connection to your external IIS server to check things like holiday, open/closed, etc.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the response. I too am doubtful that it is possible to directly modify XML files stored in the repository but am hoping that someone may have a method of doing so.

The customer has UCCX Enhanced which lacks HTTP triggers and databse integration so unfortunately these are not an option

You can't modify what's there, but you can overwrite it.  I've done something like this for other needs.

But in order to do it the way you're requesting, you'd have to be able to set up an HTTP trigger.  If the customer's license doesn't support it, then you're left with using an external server and just pointing to that.

Honestly though, pointing to the external server is going to be a lot easier for you to do.

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Is it possible to open an XML file stored on an external server with UCCX Enhanced?

If yes can you let me know which steps are required and how the external file is referenced.

Thanks.

Absolutely.

Go here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_user_guide_list.html

Get the Scripting and Development Guide vol 1 for your specific version.  Once you download it, go to the section for designing a Web Enabled client script.  There are full steps there that will show you how to do it.  When you do the create URL document step, you'll just point it at the extenal server.

I've done this multiple times to retreive data via XML using an Enhanced license.

Wow thanks.

I had always assumed that the Premium license was needed for this.

I will try writing a test script when I get some spare time.

Premimum license is needed for INBOUND http processing, but you can initiate outbound HTTP "gets" with any of the licenses.

Have fun!

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

Hi,

I have tested this and it works flawlessly

Thanks to Clifford.

I have attached my test script below.

Thanks for including the sample script! +5

Cheers James,

just what I was looking for!

hope you're keeping well

Paul

Hi James,

i also created a script that read from an xml file situated on external iis server.

all it works if the directory is without credentials to access...but if i need to use username and password to directory access...how can i modify the script to do it?do you know?

bye

Davide

Hi, can you please create a new post for this.

G.

ok, i'll do it.

bye

Davide

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: