Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum Length & Size support of Media File in the IPCCE environment

ZinanFarhat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the max. size & length of a media file that support in the IPCCE environment. All the IPCC components are in a single location.

Kindly help me.

Thanks,

Zinan

8 Replies 8

I can't remember what the max size it, but I will tell you that based on experience we try to keep them around 500K and rarely have problems. I've tried 2000K and there are noticeable performance issues.

david

PS: this assumes CVP.

Hi David,

Thanks for the good reply. Basically we want to add some multimedia feature like song and news to the Caller. My experience is appx.500K U-Law audio format file is one minute long. So for a 5 min song it would be more than 2500K. Is it possible to run or have some special technique.

Kindly clarify in more details.

Thanks in advance.

Zinan

The only special technique is to break it up into 5 files at 500K a piece and tie them all together in the ICM script one after the other. I've heard that CVP 7 has RTSP, so you can stream like with UCM, so that would be your only other option.

david

Hi David,

Got the answer. have you heard that some one giving the Multimedia treatment in the IPCC environment ?

Kindly give me some link to study regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Zinan

Not sure I understand what multimedia treatment means.

david

I mean Multimedia can be song or news update.

Caller can hear pre-recorded song or news from the media server. Song/news would be uploaded on the media serever and by the chioce of caller, he can hear the song.

Thanks,

Zinan

Hi,

I have uploaded 4MB media file and its playing fine.

Regards,

Zinan

put some load on that server and you'll see noticeable delays. the 500k limits has proven to work for me regardless of call volume and multiple projects.

david