Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from shared to dedicated UCM with UCCE 8.0

boujidane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are currently running UCM 7.1(5) with ICM 8.0(1) and CVP 8.0. The CUCM is shared by back office users as well as Call Center Agents. We are planning on migrating the UCCE Agents to a dedicated UCM 8.x in the near future. I am looking for recommendations on a migration strategy. Please note that we only have 1 PG pair supporting the environment at this time.

Thanks,

Faycal..

3 Replies 3

Hello,

It's not that complocated, complete the installation of the CUCM , configure it as a new CC (applicaion user, SIP trunks with CVP, etc...) after that migrate a couple of IP Phones to the new CUCM, re-run the CCMPG setup to connect to the new CUCM, download the JTAPI client on the serverA and restart it (keep the services manual not autoamtic so after restart they will not run), shudown PGB services, start PGA and let the agents connect on the new IP Phones, if everything is working normally start the same procedure on sideB and migrate all IP Phones.

Of course don't forget to assign the phones to the new application user so that they can be controlled by the PG.

Amer

Thanks Amer for looking into this. I was thinking along the lines of having to run parallel clusters as I migrate agents from the shared UCM cluster to the dedicated UCM cluster. We are running a PG Generic and might have to add a second PG Pair to temporary support both clusters. Thanks, Faycal..

Hello,

I don't think running two clusters will do you any good, in case of adding a second PG alot of configuration has to be edited (skill groups, service, etc...) i am not sure if it is possible.

I think the best way is to migrate not to do a two PG's.

Amer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: