cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility for Helpdesk CRS users

JASON WELCH
Level 1
Level 1

Background: Recently I was troubleshooting an issue I was seeing in CRS real-time reports where some calls were reported as "stuck in queue" even though no calls were actually in the queue. As it turns out, this was occurring because our helpdesk agents had their ICD extensions on their desk phones (7960) but also had those same extensions on a (7920) as a shared line presence. Once I removed the ICD shared line from the 7920, problem solved.

Issue: The helpdesk techs got used to the mobility that the shared line offered them, when they needed to be away from their desks (when they were shorthanded, or out in the field) they were still able to take calls from the helpdesk queue. Now that I have resolved the "stuck in queue" issue, they have requested that they have the mobility functionality back.

Thus far, I have had them do a callfwdall from their desk ICD extension to a secondary extension on the 7920, which doesn't work.

I have thought about writing into CRS script a step that will check to see if any agents are in a ready state, if there are no agents in a ready state then de-queue the call and forward it to an extension that is shared on all the 7920s.

I'm hoping that there is someone on the forums that has experience with this sort of situation and can offer some advice.

Thank you in advance for your time.

J

7 Replies 7

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Why don't you just have the agents use their 7920 as their agent extension all the time?

If you don't want to do that, your idea of checking to see if any agents are "ready" and if not transferring the call to a shared 7920 line is probably your cleanest option.

please rate posts

adigan - berbee

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, the agents want to use their 7960 phones for primary use, mainly for the headset and speaker phone functionalities.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

stevecrumbaugh
Level 1
Level 1

As I understand scripting, the change you propose may only make the calls stuck in queue come back. If they could use desk phones (rather than the 7920) in a location away from their desks, I would suggest extension mobility. I have used EM with agent phones with some success. Best wishes - Steve

How about using extension mobility? They can log into the 7920s when they are away from there desks and into the 7960s upon return.

jsailers
Level 1
Level 1

I have been dealing with the same issue you speak of today. My shared devices were a 7960, IP Communicator and Mobile Connect CTI Port. I found that when I answered the call from the Primary 7960, the call didn't get "stuck". However, when I answered the call from either of the other two devices, it WOULD get stuck.

RESOLUTION: It appears that the problem was due to the other two devices (IP Communicator and CTI Port for Mobile Connect) not being associated to the RM JTAPI user. Once I associated those devices with the RM JTAPI user, I was able to answer the call from either device and the call didn't get "stuck".

I hope that helps you.

A question about this scenario. I have essentially the same setup with a deskphone and 7920. The agent user is associated only to the desk phone. The rmjtatpi user is accociated to both. Answering is fine and the status is reported correctly. However, a CAD initiated outbound call always uses the 7920. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

We had an issue with Help Desk needing to be mobile. What I did was gave them a 7920 with a differnt ext and used IP Phone agent on the 7920. They can now log out of their 7960 and log into the 7920.