Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Modifying Daily Purge Schedule

I'm trying to modify the daily purge schedule from midnight to 3PM.  Cisco TAC suggested that I will need to rebuild the server in the correct time zone.

But, Cisoc configuration guide for UCCX 10.0 states that the daily purge time can be changed.  

So, changing the "daily purge at" value seems pretty straightforward.  However, there are more drop down menus below the "daily purge at" option:

"Purge data older than" and "Initiate automatic purge when database size exceeds", and "Auto purge data for the oldest".

Are these options related?  Or are they all different triggers?  In other words, can I just change "daily purge at" option to change the daily purge time.

So, if I change the "daily purge at" time t 3PM, would the live data be purged everyday at 3pm even though the default values of "Initiate automatic purge when database size exceeds" and "Auto purge data for the oldest" are not met?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Are you referring to Tools >

Are you referring to Tools > Historical Reporting > Purge Schedule Configuration?

If yes, this only impacts the db_cra database and all of the settings are related. The Purge at is when to begin and the other four settings are the various thresholds for what data to purge. Think of this as tail dropping: it will expunge the oldest SQL records when they hit one of the defined thresholds.

Nothing on that page will impact the intra-day real time statistics of CSD/Finesse. That is hard-set at midnight and TAC is right: if for some strange reason, you needed that to happen at 15:00 local server time, you would need to move the server to a different timezone that is essentially 15 hours ahead of the local timezone. Note this would have other implications on the historical reporting front though.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content