cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH not playing when agents are busy/not ready

sdwitner1
Level 1
Level 1

When  call comes into our help desk and all agents are busy and/or not ready they get the "all agents are busy" message then silence. I have spot checked my CTI ports and both the user and network MOH parameters are defined with a MOH source.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, so you are in fact using Hold/Unhold.

Are the CTI ports using the same MOH source as phones (that work)? If so, your configuration should be OK, and my recommadation would be to perform a reset of the ports afterhours, if not make sure that the source you are referencing is uploaded to all servers and usable. 

You may also want to restart the Voice Streaming service on CUCM servers.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your script using Hold/Unhold queue logic?

Does the MOH work for regular calls?

Does it behave the same for internal and external callers?  Have you validated MRG/MRGL configuration?

Did it work before and just stopped working?

Chris

1. No

2. Yes

3. It does behave the same for internal and external callers

4. Yes

Well, if your script is not using Hold/Unhold then MOH would not originate from CUCM and would not use what is applied to the cti ports, you need to use this logic in order to utilize CUCM MOH server. Otherwise you can simply use play prompt step in the script. Since you are saying that it worked before, can you re-verify your queue logic to see if you indeed are not using Hold/Unhold steps and if so make sure you are using play prompt logic to play the MOH.

Chris

OK, so you are in fact using Hold/Unhold.

Are the CTI ports using the same MOH source as phones (that work)? If so, your configuration should be OK, and my recommadation would be to perform a reset of the ports afterhours, if not make sure that the source you are referencing is uploaded to all servers and usable. 

You may also want to restart the Voice Streaming service on CUCM servers.

HTH,

Chris

I believe the phones are using a different MOH file than the CTI ports…

Apply that MOH source to a phone, call that phone and place the caller on HOLD to see if you can hear the MOH. If not then it means most likely that the MOH source was not uploaded to all servers.

Chris

I verified that the music on hold file I’m using is ok, but assigning it to a phone. I reset all my CTI ports, restarted the voice streaming service, and rebooted my UCCX server. Still no MOH when a caller is in queue. Below is what I have assigned to my CTI ports for MOH.

MY question is when a caller calls in and all agents are busy they will get the “all agents are busy” message followed by MOH until an agent becomes available. When the MOH plays is that the User Hold or Network Hold parameter?

sdwitner1 wrote:

MY question is when a caller calls in and all agents are busy they will get the “all agents are busy” message followed by MOH until an agent becomes available. When the MOH plays is that the User Hold or Network Hold parameter?

Its Network Hold.

GP.

Thanks!

Any idea on how to separate out my CTI ports? Right now I have a total of 150 CTI ports and they are all in one big bucket. Is it easy to chunk them up and/or is there a doc out there explaining how to do this?

let's work on the new query on your new thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3519999#3519999

If your queries in this thread are answered, pls rate helpful posts & mark them as correct answer, whichever they are.

GP.

No worries. Thanks!

Pls be kind to rate the posts, whoever had helped you so far.

Thanks

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: