Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOH on Queue (delay)

Hello,

What is the best way to give music to clients on queue? (i'm using the delay step... is there a better way?)

Thanks,

Met.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: MOH on Queue (delay)

It depends, using hold/unhold/delay steps allow you to stream the MOH from CM, which may be more efficient, however the caveat with this is that you cannot collect digits while the music is hear.

If you use the play media step and play MOH from CRS you can collect digits (simply you that step), but the wave file is actually played from the CRS server, so depending on topology this may not be desirable.

Either solution suits the requirements.

HTH,

Chris

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It depends, using hold/unhold/delay steps allow you to stream the MOH from CM, which may be more efficient, however the caveat with this is that you cannot collect digits while the music is hear.

If you use the play media step and play MOH from CRS you can collect digits (simply you that step), but the wave file is actually played from the CRS server, so depending on topology this may not be desirable.

Either solution suits the requirements.

HTH,

Chris

For this case i don't need to collect digits so i guess the best option is using the delay step. The MOH that is streamed is the one configured on the CTI RP?

Thanks,

Met.

Ok, i had to use:

Hold, Delay 'x' secs., Unhold.

Thanks for the comments,

Met.

VIP Super Bronze

On the CTI Ports. CTI Route Points do not perform any media termination with UCCX. The RP just redirects the call to an available CTI Port.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content