Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Monitoring Agents logged in, and out dialing notification to duty manager

I've been asked to come up with a way to monitor a few critical skill groups for agents logged in and if there are none dial out to predetermined outside numbers that reach duty managers. When the call is answered a message should be played indicating there are no agents logged into their skill group.

I figure I can write and Administrative script to keep track of the skill groups, which would then set a variable and kick off a routing script. However I'm stumped on how to play a message to them. Is this something the outbound dialer could be configured to do? Note this is strictly a proactive notification to the managers and I'm not planning to route the calls anywhere.

Any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Best,

Rob

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Monitoring Agents logged in, and out dialing notification to dut

Hi Rob

It might be tricky - I would probably try the following:

- In your inbound script, check using the 'get reporting statistic' step for the number of agents in the CSQs (not the skill groups, as it's CSQ specific)

- From that script, you could do a 'send email' to notify a supervisor.

- Alternatively, you could use a 'send http request' to trigger another script, which would use a 'place call' and 'play prompt' routine to play out the notification. I would use a http request to trigger a seperate script, as if you do it from within the first script, the caller will be kept waiting while the system dials the supervisor and plays a prompt - the scripts cannot multitask.

- The other problem you might have would be that multiple notifications may be generated. You might be able to work around that by setting a variable in a session to indicate the threshold being triggered, and another when it has been notified. When the condition is cleared you could clear both variables to allow a new trigger event.

An easier option than scripting might be to use the 'Supervisor Workflow' feature. This isn't exactly what they have asked for, but allows a popup or audio alert to be triggered based on calls being in queue over x seconds, or length of a queue being x or greater. It's configured from within the Supervisor app.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content