Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring - Recording (IPCC 4.0(3))

Amine-K
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to allow supervisors make recording and monitoring.

I activated the monitoring and recording component on the CRS server. I don't use IPPA, I use CAD with IP Phones or IP Communicator.

Do I have to configure SPAN port on the switch? Are there other things that I must check?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

need to install the monitoring capabilites on the agents desktop, CAD.

during CAD install, this is an option that can be chosen. (there are compatibility problems with intelPRO nics and we've had to change to broadcom on the agent PCs)

Great. Is there any restriction concerning the IP Phones Models?

I have 7905, 7912 IP Phones.

Does Monitoring and Recording work when connecting the agents desktop through these IP Phones or should I configure SPAN port?

no restrictions that i know of.

any agent CAD that has silent monitoring installed should work.

Do 7905 and 7912 have two ethernet ports? for desktop monitoring, the agent PC must be dainsy-chained from IP phone, so agent desktop is capable to capture voice, and send to supervisor, no SPAN is required.

Wei

7905 does not, 7912 does.

Chris

Hi,

If you say about Silent Monitoring (SM), then you will be have problem with the model 7905 IP Phone, because its have only one telephone line, model 7912 is a single-one line telephone too, but it have 2 port for catalyst, what is basic condition for SM.

But I find this doc, where say, that 7912 dont support SM "7910 and 7912 IP phones do not support the Desktop Silent Monitor feature. The 7910+SW phone does support this feature.".

Regards

Armen

That is right because 7912 and 7905 are with only one ethernet port, while 7910+SW with 2. In this situation, SPAN port/vlan is the only option, and this requires VoIP monitor server to be placed locally to the phones.

Wei

Actually 7912 does have an ethernet port to daisy chain the PC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_configuration_guide09186a00805f1668.html#wp1793488

Chris

I don't see any option for this wehn installing the ACD. Am i missing it somewhere? I only have the one box to check "ACD Agent".

Armen Sargsyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think that this doc will be help you.

Regards

Armen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: