Views
Helpful
Replies

Move contact to VM after xx seconds

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Is there a way for a contact waiting in the queue to be send to Voice mail after waiting XX seconds in the queue. I know it is possible if the customer presses a key and you catch it, but automatically?

thanks,

JH

4 Replies 4

cvenour
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using IPIVR with "wait" nodes, then you can send them off after completing X nodes (add them up + add the time for any other prompts). Alternatively, you can check the time a call has spent in queue through using an If node, and checking if Call.TimeInQueue > X.

If you are using CVP, then you can send it off after completing a particular number of call treatment prompts / music prompts.

Regards,

Corey.

Thank you for your answer.

I am using IPCC express, and the call is finally entering the select resource step, where it will wait before connecting to an agent.

Can I check here directly the time the call is in the queue?

I can do it by playing a small prompt; prompt finishes and I calculate something and if < as X send it back in the queue, if > X do something else.

Thanks,

Bye,

JH

Hi JH,

You can use the Get Reporting Statistic step to get the current wait time in Q.

This step is available under the ACD palette.

Choose the CSQ IPCC Express as the Report Object, Current Wait Duration as Field, CSQ Name (String value or object) as the Row Identifier and store the resulting statistic in an integer.

HTH

Cheers

Hello Adrian,

Thanks for your answer.

I am already using this step, but assume the following:

Call enters the system, I am using the get reporting step to get some info, based on that I can decide to reroute the call or place it in the queue by using the select resource step. This step has two options: connect if an agent is available or queued if no agents are available.

Is there a way to monitor this customer in the queue and then when the queue time has reached x seconds, to dequeue the contact and send it somewhere else.

You can do that with a small prompt; prompt finishes and you check the waiting time and if queue then dequeue it.

Is there another way?

thanks,

bye,

jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: