MTP Required or Not on SIP Trunk to CUPS SIP Proxy
I am battling with the situation below. I hope the details make sense. If any one has any suggestions or leads or has tried something similar please let me know.
MTP Required or Not on SIP Trunk to CUPS SIP Proxy?
Call manager 6.0.1
Currently we have IOS SW MTPs & IOS HW Transcoders in SiteA (2 routers) and in SiteB (1
SiteA phones are in the SiteA Device Pool and SiteA MRGL and will use SiteA MTPs
SiteB phones are in the SiteB DP and SiteB MRGL and will use SiteB MTPs
SiteA DP calls to SiteB DP are G729 and vice versa.
We have a SIP Trunk into CUPS SIP Proxy and on to CVP Call Server (SIP Proxy and CVP local to SiteA). Currently MTP required is selected on Trunk.
SIP Trunk into CCM is in TrunkC DP and SiteA MRGL and will use SiteA MTPs (Trunk C Device Pool has region settings of G711 to both SiteA and SiteB device pool regions)
This is ok for SiteA ingressing calls through the SIP Trunk. However SiteB calls also ingress to CCM through the same SIP Trunk and are routed to IP phones in SiteB and will hence use
SiteA DSPs (MTPs) instead of SiteB DSPs (MTPs).
Typically all calls to SiteA extensions through the SIP trunk will have originated from the PSTN incoming through an IOS gateway in SiteA and entering CVP system and to SIP trunk on routing to an agent
Typically all calls to SiteB extensions through the SIP trunk will have originated from the PSTN incoming through an IOS gateway in SiteB and entering CVP system and to SIP trunk on routing to an agent
Internal IP phone users to also need to be able to call to CVP via the SIP Trunk
So in the event of MTPs being used across the WAN, what is the bandwidth utilization
So if we have MTP required unchecked we run into the following issues:
1. Ext calls at G729 through the SIP trunk to CVP. The call is after playing prompts etc in CVP vxml rerouted back to an agent extension G729 through SIP Trunk. The call disconnects
2. Ext calls at G729 through the SIP trunk to CVP. Caller hears the prompts back as fuzzy noise
3. PSTN caller ingresses to CCM via SIP Trunk and routed at G729 to ext. Ext places call on hold and cant unhold
4. Same as call 3 above except call to ext is G711 but the result is the same
5. PSTN caller ingresses to CCM via H323 gateway at G711 to ext. Ext answers the call and transfers it at g711 through the SIP trunk and the call
fails after a few seconds
Basically I am firstly wondering can the 5 call issues be resolved without MTP required on SIP Trunk.
If not can I force SiteB calls to use the siteB MTPs and not traverse the WAN for MTPs (despite the SIP
trunk using the MRGL which contains the SiteA MTPs) and what is the bandwidth impact of using MTP resources over the WAN
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.