Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Muliple Greetings per Application

Hi All,

I'm new to contact center and i was wandering if it is possible to setup multiple opening greetings per CCX Application. We are useing the same application for two differant DID's. We have a local neumber and we have a toll-free number. we would like for the opening prompts to be differant for each number. the caller input will still stay the same. for example if local call into the helpdesk and presses 1 it will go to Finance, if caller calls into the toll free number and presses 1 it will got to the same group. We just need the opening greeting to have differant message.We are running UCCX 9.0 Express

Thanks

Michael

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Muliple Greetings per Application

So they are using the Same Application/Same AEF Script File?

If so you can do as I suggest above in the Script. Perform the Debug and Note the Differences in Value of the String (sDnis) then (you could) use an If Step to perform some conditional logic:

If (sDnis == "800#") Then

True

Play Prompt for 800# Being Dialed

False

Play Prompt for Local # Being Dialed

PS: If you just want to get Straight To the Point without the Hassle of the IF Steps, you could just go Straight into the Play Prompt for your Welcome Message using the Expression Editor to perform the Recording Selection Based on the Same Logic Like This

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--,

{

if(sDnis == "800#")

return P[800Welcome]

else

return P[LocalWelcome]

})

4 REPLIES

It depends on what Phone Number the 800 Number points to (typically it will have forwarding set to a local DID you own locally) and the Local Number being Dialed.  If both of these numbers are the same then I don't believe there is a way to distinguish.  I just tested this with an 800# that I DIALED..I used a "Get Call Contact Info" Step with the Dialed Number (DNIS) set to a defined variable and the 800# wasn't displayed (the local number the 800# is pointing to displayed).  Let me know if these 2 Local Numbers we would be using are Different and then we can break down a relatively easy solution to do what you are trying to accomplish.

If you want to see if there is a difference between 800# being dialed and Local # Number being dial in the application:

Create New Variable:

Type: String

Name: sDnis

Value: ""

Drag a Get Call Contact Info Step into the script (after the Accept Step or so); go to the properties of the Step and set the Attribute: Name Dialed Number: to sDnis and press apply.

sDnis = Get Call Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Dialed Number)

In the Menu Bar of the Editor go to Tools>Validate

Save the Script

Refresh your application in CCX GUI

Then perform a Debug>Reactive Script (on the script name..set the between 5-300secs)

Dial in on either the 800# and/or Local #; Use the Step Over Button to move from Step to Step during the Debug Process..

The 800 number is coming into the gateway as a 10 digit number. i have created 2 triggers one for the local did and one for the 800 number. I have the 800 number forwarding to one of the triggers and i have the local number goint to the other trigger.

Thanks

Michael

So they are using the Same Application/Same AEF Script File?

If so you can do as I suggest above in the Script. Perform the Debug and Note the Differences in Value of the String (sDnis) then (you could) use an If Step to perform some conditional logic:

If (sDnis == "800#") Then

True

Play Prompt for 800# Being Dialed

False

Play Prompt for Local # Being Dialed

PS: If you just want to get Straight To the Point without the Hassle of the IF Steps, you could just go Straight into the Play Prompt for your Welcome Message using the Expression Editor to perform the Recording Selection Based on the Same Logic Like This

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--,

{

if(sDnis == "800#")

return P[800Welcome]

else

return P[LocalWelcome]

})

Yes, both numbers are using the same script.  I will use first suggestion.

Thanks You!

Views
Helpful
Replies