Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Agent Lines on Single Phone

Hello,

I have the need to develop the following for a customer due to minimal staffing at certain times and Customer importance based on support provided.

Using a 7960 as an Agent phone provide the use of a couple lines on that phone for each agent. When the Agent is on a call and when the next call comes in to IPCC I need to have this new caller ring to one of the avaialbe agent lines. This would allow the Agent to see the incoming caller and check to see if this is a high priority customer. This Agent will place the current call on hold and then pick up the new call. This prevents the high priority caller from being placed in a queue which is part of the SOW for this customer.

There is also the need to allow this because any Agent may need to "babysit" a "warranty session" with an end user and the equipment manufacturer which could be an hour. Again this is part of the SOW. This would then tie up this Agent for that period of time. Most of this hook up time is spent not being productive. So enabling multiple line capability allows this agent to place the current call on hold and take this high priority call.

Any suggestions.

8 REPLIES

Re: Multiple Agent Lines on Single Phone

I don't believe this is possible as you have defined it, but i have done a solution similar to this. When there is a need to take other ACD calls, we had the agents transfer the call to their babysit line(had a 'blank' MOH file for that line) and that left their ACD line avail for calls.

I have a customer with a similar requirement. Did you find any other solutions beyond the "babysit" line? I would think in a Tech Support type queue this would be a must have.

We had the same issue. What we ended up doing was to setup another non-ICD DN in the device profile (we use ext mobility). That way there they could transfer the call to the non-ICD line and take another ICD call. Not the best method but it works.

Thanks for the input. This is what I ended up doing but felt the same way about it as you did.

Thanks

How about Park? The agent could place the first call on Park - answer the second call in Queue, and then dial the Parked call number when ready to go back to the first call. It's easier than Transfer.

park would work to move calls off the ACD line, but wouldn't accomplish the babysitting of a call - where the agent needs to remain on the line with the customer and other party (manufacture) - and is literally sitting there listening(or not) to the two parties solving the problem.

we also ran another scenario. transfered the babysit line to a softphone ext on the agents PC (had 5 softphone logins created for this purpose that the entire group used - login when you need it, logout when done)

This allowed the agent to monitor the activity of the babysit call with the PC speakers.

It's never clean or pretty, but it did get done what they were trying to accomplish.

I would like to thank everyone for their responses.

The best potential solution would be to transfer to the IP Communicator or another phone that would be placed on speaker. This is due to the need of listening to the conversation all the time the call is up.

To me this is still a poor solution because it indicates that the company wants to task people to the max instead of using the IPCC stats to indicate why they need more personnel.

Again: Thansk to everyone for their solutions.

you could assign thoses agents with high priority customers additional ICD lines to be able to intercept those customers, this would take up more agents ICD# but provide a direct means in this case.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content