cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple and Distrubuted Dialer - Outbound Option

m.paolelli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. This is the issue I need help on.

I've an IPCC enterprise site with a duplexed ICM and the Outbound Option Component (with, obviously, a Dialer). Now I've another remote site which has another CCM cluster and a PG (the central controller remains at the central site). I want to put another Dialer at this remote site, a Dialer tied with the remote CCM. So, now I've a Dialer at the central site (site "C") and a Dialer at the remote site (site "R"). For the Central Controller is at the site "C", the Dialing_List and the Campaign Manager still are at the site "C" too... so... how can I say to the system to use a certain Dialer for certain records? The site "R" will have its records to be dialed, and I'd like to use ITS Dialer to do that... but I don't know how to do that. Thanks for any help.

7 Replies 7

shayonasul
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think it's possible to use a certain Dialer for certain records. Another alternative is to setup different campaigns for each dialer. But than again if your remote dialer is going to communicate with the central controller at central site than you will need a lot of bandwidth too.

rgds,

Sulabh

That's it: certain campaigns for a certain dialer.

It should be done like that:

a campaign is tied to a skill group,

a skill group is tied to the service,

the service is tied to an extension number,

the extension number is a dialed number,

a dialed number is tied to a routing client (a Pim),

the routing client is tied to the Dialer Port (in the PG setup...).

May be in this way? Can you confirm that?

And how can I calculate the right bandwidth amount?

Thanks.

What you have stated in your reply is correct, but if one of your PG is going to be at remote site than it will generate some serious communications issues as the PGs send heartbeats (sort of keepalives) regularly to Central controllers (Router + Logger). The requirement is the heartbeats should be less than 100ms (for some ICM servers it's less than 400ms) between all ICM servers and central controllers.

So what I would recommend is have both Dialers at central site along with both PG's that way you are within the heartbeat req. After that what you may want to do is configure campaigns on one Dialer1 for HQ site and Dialer2 for remote site (if the company has strong requirement that remote site should have it's own dialer).

If the requirement of one dialer/site isn't that strong than your best bet would be to like mentioned above have all your ICM servers at HQ so they don't miss heartbeats. Configure your Dialer2 as a backup/loadbalance dialer and run all campaigns just from one dialer. You will still be able to configure separate campaigns for your remote and HQ sites. This configuration would save you bandwidth, you won't have any communication issues and you achieve your goal of separate campaigns for remote sites.

Your cisco service rep. should be able to provide you with the bandwidth calculation tool (it's an internal tool).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for help.

Let me dare to ask something else.

I must have my Dialer at the Remote Site (I already have got another Dialer at the HQ site).

So, I can take two differente ways.

Way a) Install another MR PG at the Remote Site, tied to the second Dialer (the Remote one)

Way b) Install another PIM at the HQ MR PG, always tied to the second Dialer (the Remote one)

Which way is the best in your opinion (or the less worst...) ?

Thanks.

As far as I know, MR PG = Dialer and configuring Dialer (means setting up campaigns/scripting/assigning ports, etc on AWS).

I think your safe bet would option B, i.e. configure PIM at HQ MR PG which would ensure that communication requirements are met for central controller to MR PG.

Please rate posts if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Sulabh

Hi Sulabh.

Can you confirm again what I wrote before:

a campaign is tied to a skill group,

a skill group is tied to the service,

the service is tied to an extension number,

the extension number is a dialed number,

a dialed number is tied to a routing client (a Pim),

the routing client is tied to the Dialer Port (in the PG setup...).

In this way the records of a certain Campaign should have been dialed from a Dialer A, and the records of another Campaign should have been dialed from a Dialer B.

I do hope this is true, 'cos I've tried to do it in a lab environment but I failed... may be there was a configuration error somewhere...

But If you can confirm my toughts, I'll be grateful.

I'm going to rate you... thanks.

Mario

Hi Mario,

A campaign is tied to a skill group, a skill group is tied to the service, the service is tied to an extension number, the extension number is a dialed number, a dialed number is tied to a routing client (a Pim), the routing client is tied to the Dialer Port (in the PG setup...) - All of this is correct.

In addition, on AWS/HDS you will need to add 'MR PGs' and the specific port range. After that you will have to add dialer for each of your CCM cluster.

I am speculating that where you might have missed out is in following location and that's probably why it's not working:

Configuration Mgr > Outbound Option > Dialer > Dialer General Settings tab > 'ICM Peripheral Name' ----> Over here select CCM1 from dropdown for your HQ site, fill in other details and add.

Repeat the same procedure, but for 'ICM Peripheral Name -----> Over here select CCM2 from dropdown for your remote site, fill in other details and add.

Also don't forget to enable both the dialers on 'Dialer General Settings' tab.

Please rate posts if it helps. Let me know if you need help.

rgds,

Sulabh.